18 replies to this topic

#1 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:32 AM

I've asked the board to approve the purchase of two club seats. The reason for this is twofold.

First, it's an investment in the club we love. Eventually I see the ISA buying a suite that could even be used for meetings and such but initially the two seats would be an investment in the club.

Second, getting into the club was essential for me in terms of networking. I had to sneak in and I don't think all board members should be expected to do so. With two club seats the board would have access to the club and networking with staff, players and fans.

Third, the ISA would have access to club seat holder meetings and such.

It's $999 a seat, a $2000 investment. I think it's a great statement to the club and seat holders around the stadium.

#2 WolfmanHasNards!

WolfmanHasNards!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:05 AM

What's the perks with the club seats? These must be close to the pitch with food/drinks and whatnot like other pro teams have?

This could work as fundraising as well as networking needs. The seats to a match could be raffled away for a match or two per year with funds going to S8 or to charity.

#3 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:55 AM

Club seat info:
http://web.mlsnet.co.../club_seats.jsp

For the best in comfort and convenience, plus the greatest mix of sports and special events, we invite you to become a TOYOTA PARK Club Seat Holder. Located at mid-field on the East side, our club seats offer the unique combination of the best sightlines for exciting Chicago Fire soccer events and are perfect for entertaining clients, closing business deals, recognizing employees, or simply relaxing and enjoying the game.

Benefits
Event package includes the following events:
• All Chicago Fire Games
• All Chicago Fire Playoff Games
• Select Fire International Matches
• Additional Toyota Park Events - such as family shows or international events
Midfield seating within the East Side sections
VIP preferred parking - one (1) space for every two (2) seats purchased
Full Stadium Club Access for Chicago Fire Home Games
Event Priority - Club Seat holders will be given priority to purchase same seats for Toyota Park Special Events such as concerts, family shows, or international events
In-Seat Dining Service
Private VIP premium seating entrance
Invitations to VIP events throughout the season such as private clinics and autograph sessions

They are the midfield sections in the main stand around the tunnel. There has been a lot of attrition in those sections the last few years due to mismanagement and under-delivery on services, buying tickets there would show confidence in the way things are turning and give us a stronger voice as Ben described. A suite should be the long-term goal, we've investigated it since 2005.

I'm in favor, again if the budget can be outlined to fund it.

#4 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:06 PM

Pending a budget approval as well as some sort of statement of use as far as games, concerts etc go I also support this.

#5 SparkeyG

SparkeyG

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Supports:Fire, USMNT, the Ref

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

Pending a budget approval as well as some sort of statement of use as far as games, concerts etc go I also support this.

I'm in agreement here. These ideas are very nice but we need to get the bigger budget down before we start adding line items. Mind you, the cost of these could be defrayed by auctioning them off during tailgate before the match.

#6 tonyz

tonyz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

agree, Why not a suite ? we do have people in the club seats and sure we can come up money to cover a suite , S8 would only get 2 spots in the suite

#7 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

You'll be happy to know that when I proposed the idea to the board they too wanted to know in advance how the tickets would be used. Personally, I think access to the club for ISA Board Members is essential, but I also understand that selling or auctioning the tickets could be an economic necessity.

#8 sopot26

sopot26

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Supports:Biale Orly, KP Sopot, Chicago Fire

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

I've asked the board to approve the purchase of two club seats. The reason for this is twofold.

First, it's an investment in the club we love. Eventually I see the ISA buying a suite that could even be used for meetings and such but initially the two seats would be an investment in the club.

I think we all invest already in the club: tickets, parking, food, merchandize, etc…

Second, getting into the club was essential for me in terms of networking. I had to sneak in and I don't think all board members should be expected to do so. With two club seats the board would have access to the club and networking with staff, players and fans.

I agree access to the Stadium Club for ISA Board Members is essential but I think it is something that we can gain from the FO without spending the money for the club tickets.

Third, the ISA would have access to club seat holder meetings and such.

How is this benefit for ISA?

#9 SparkeyG

SparkeyG

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Supports:Fire, USMNT, the Ref

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

How is this benefit for ISA?

It would benefit the ISA by allowing it to participate in more fan functions, allowing to represent more fans. If the ISA has an interest in what happens to the club seat holders, and the club would have to listen to us if only as holders of the tickets and not the ISA...

#10 sopot26

sopot26

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

It would benefit the ISA by allowing it to participate in more fan functions, allowing to represent more fans. If the ISA has an interest in what happens to the club seat holders, and the club would have to listen to us if only as holders of the tickets and not the ISA...

Great point but a $2000 investment just to be part of a meeting(s) (how many) and have a presence? Do you think the FO and other club seat fans would take us seriously knowing we purchased two seats for the above listed two reasons?

#11 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

Not just to be part of occasional "club seat holder" meetings. One way or another we already have a presence there.

But the ISA needs to start actively being about everyone else in the stadium as was always the intention. We've passively represented them to this point, but this is a step toward integrating ourselves with more people of a different sort of influence and means to explain our mission and also better represent them as fans of the club.

Things like $1000 tifo donations and vendor introductions don't happen out of thin air, we must establish these links so different styles of fans throughout the stadium do not feel they are seperate from the others.

So this is symbolic, yes; but also has weight with the club and its stakeholders. Pushing for things like club membership is going to need to come from the "high-rollers" as much as the Harlem End, and the ISA is the tool to unite them.

The budget and use of said seats does need to be made explicit, however.

#12 sopot26

sopot26

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Not just to be part of occasional "club seat holder" meetings. One way or another we already have a presence there.

But the ISA needs to start actively being about everyone else in the stadium as was always the intention. We've passively represented them to this point, but this is a step toward integrating ourselves with more people of a different sort of influence and means to explain our mission and also better represent them as fans of the club.

Things like $1000 tifo donations and vendor introductions don't happen out of thin air, we must establish these links so different styles of fans throughout the stadium do not feel they are seperate from the others.

So this is symbolic, yes; but also has weight with the club and its stakeholders. Pushing for things like club membership is going to need to come from the "high-rollers" as much as the Harlem End, and the ISA is the tool to unite them.

The budget and use of said seats does need to be made explicit, however.

Great points so why not recruit and establish positions on our board for representatives from the club seats and other sections as well.

Maybe establish a fans forum (round-table) or a quick meeting before or after very other game with everybody, instead of trying to buy ourselves into this meeting?

#13 -cman-

-cman-

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Liverpool, Celtic

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

I think Liam hit the nail on the head. Aye.

#14 Jason

Jason

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

I vote in favor of the club seats. Any reasons that I would have for supporting this issue have been stated by others.

#15 Steve the Arsonist

Steve the Arsonist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Shef. Utd., Hbrg City Islndrs

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

Aye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users