• This topic is locked This topic is locked
813 replies to this topic

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

LOL. Yeah because the Rangers are that much powerful. I believe it was only a few years ago (06) we swept the Rag$ in the first round of the playoffs. The same spot you'll lose this year...

More recently, in 2008, the Rangers beat the Devils in 5 games to win the first round series. I guess you don't really like to think about recent Devils history, though. Can't say I blame you.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

More recently, in 2008, the Rangers beat the Devils in 5 games to win the first round series. I guess you don't really like to think about recent Devils history, though. Can't say I blame you.

Bro, you have ZERO room to talk shit with the way you guys have blown out of the playoffs year after year. It's a repeating cycle. By the way Devils, thanks giving our rookie goalie the first win in his first NHL start EVER! Got two more to play this week...I'd be ecstatic with a split. If we can steal a point in Jersey it would be huge for us.

5 points back, 15 games to play. Still in it.

#RedBullOut

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Bro, you have ZERO room to talk shit with the way you guys have blown out of the playoffs year after year. It's a repeating cycle. By the way Devils, thanks for the two points and giving our rookie goalie the first win in his first NHL start EVER!

Your team can't even make the playoffs, much less win a playoff series, so who are you to be spouting off? Isles fans are the Bimbos fans of the NHL, I swear.

By the way, thanks for doing the Rangers a solid and helping them extend their lead over the Gerbils to 14 points. I'm sure that will give the Fishstix a fuzzy feeling out on the golf course in April.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

It's still not a sweep. Yeah, I do remember I went to 2 of those games.. Did you? Or are you just a Rag$ fan when they are having a good season?

Remember the 7 seasons the Garden was silent come playoff time?

I'm done arguing. It's getting too easy..

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

It's still not a sweep. Yeah, I do remember I went to 2 of those games.. Did you? Or are you just a Rag$ fan when they are having a good season?

Remember the 7 seasons the Garden was silent come playoff time?

Good fans stick by their team through thick and thin. So, yes, I did go to Rangers games during the lean years. In 2002, I drove through a late March Canadian blizzard to watch them play away in Ottawa (5-2 Rangers win, by the way). I doubt you've ever done anything like that before. As a Metro fan, you know pain, so I hope you are ready for the coming years with the Devils, especially since they mortgaged their future to sign Kovy long-term and now they are going bankrupt.

HoosMetros

HoosMetros

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, UVa

Good fans stick by their team through thick and thin.

If you really think this, have a little respect for the isles fans on here, who are on the verge of their 19th straight season without a playoff series win, and are currently thrilled at the fact they're only 5 points out of a spot.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

If you really think this, have a little respect for the isles fans on here, who are on the verge of their 19th straight season without a playoff series win, and are currently thrilled at the fact they're only 5 points out of a spot.

There's loyalty and then there is stupidity. Fans of teams like the Islanders, the NY Mets, Toronto FC, the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Chicago Cubs, and the Sacramento Kings need to take a good look at their teams. These are teams who have absolutely no plan to succeed at all. They may have been successful teams at one point in time, but now they have completely fallen apart to the extent that they will never rise again. When that happens to teams, the best thing to do is cut your losses and move on.

In the case of the Isles, they allowed Mike Milbury to complete destroy their team and any chance at a future when he gave extremely foolish long-term contracts out. The biggest failures I see here are Alexei Yashin and Rick DiPietro. The Isles have actually gotten to the point where they depend on those contracts to help them hit the salary cap floor. Yes, they use those contracts to meet the bare minimum they can offer their players and remain compliant with NHL rules. Meanwhile, the Lighthouse Project was voted down by the voters of Nassau County and the Isles are stuck paying exhorbitant amounts to play in the decaying, crumbling Nassau Veterans Memorial Colisseum.

In the case of the Mets, they will be paying millions of dollars to Bobby Bonilla for the next twenty-five years, even though he finished playing for the Mets over a decade ago. Meanwhile, they were decimated by Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme and they can no longer afford to hold onto their best players. They went from being one of the wealthiest and most desirable teams in the MLB to being a perennial cellar-dweller and punchline. And because of all that has happened, there is no way back for them unless they are sold to someone with Arab money or something.

This is stupidity of the highest order and anybody who would follow those teams needs to have their heads examined. What a futile waste of time.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

There's loyalty and then there is stupidity. Fans of teams like the Islanders, the NY Mets, Toronto FC, the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Chicago Cubs, and the Sacramento Kings need to take a good look at their teams.

You left off the King Culprits of stupid fans with an organization that has no clue.

NY J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS JETS!!

:lol:

Jets fans make me so happy.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

DJWuss

DJWuss

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, NYR, NYG, NYM, NYK, MUFC
Until the past week or so, as a Ranger fan, my argument would have been that 90% of the shit talking in this thread was done by Devils fans, specifically, one Devil fan. But its getting out of hand right now. I'm sure I'm gonna get bashed for trying to be a voice of reason here, but here goes.

Yes, the Rangers are having their best season in 18 years. Currently, they have the best record and most points in the league, with games in hand over the closest teams in the standings. Their goalie is playing out of his mind right now, and the roster includes 16 players 27 years old or younger, bright future, good defense, decent scoring, etc etc. But the truth of the matter is that the Rangers have won ONE Stanley Cup in 70 years.

Yes, the Devils and Isles have won more Cups in recent years, and the Devils have had more success recently than most teams in the NHL, if winning divisions is counted as success. If not, they've still been consistently better than 75% of the teams in the NHL over the past 20 years, regardless of playoff performance, which includes 3 Stanley Cups. But PLEASE PLEASE stop talking about how the Rangers will once again lose in the first round of the playoffs. The Devils have done exactly that 7 out the last 12 times they made playoffs, once as the 2 seed and twice in a row as the 1 seed. So that argument isn't valid.

And the Isles are the Isles and will always be the Isles, unless they become the Nordiques.

But here's the thing. As of RIGHT NOW, in THIS SEASON, the Rangers have the best team in the NHL. That might change tomorrow, but for right now, no one can argue that.

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
Lots of Boston fans at the Garden today.

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA

Good fans stick by their team through thick and thin.

When that happens to teams, the best thing to do is cut your losses and move on.

This is stupidity of the highest order and anybody who would follow those teams needs to have their heads examined. What a futile waste of time.

You're a hypocrite and an idiot. And for that, you're on my banned list, so I never have to read to your mindless rantings ever again. I feel sorry for other Rangers fans like Chiefs, DJWuss, DMoney, etc, because they have moron like you rooting for their team.
I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

You're a hypocrite and an idiot. And for that, you're on my banned list, so I never have to read to your mindless rantings ever again. I feel sorry for other Rangers fans like Chiefs, DJWuss, DMoney, etc, because they have moron like you rooting for their team.

I'm a Ranger fan and hate the Isles. But what has happened to them no one deserves.....well maybe Clipper fans. But it's to the point where it's not even fun.

Not sure if you're old enough to have seen them when they won 4 consecutive Cups, I hope you did for your sake. I did and they were flat nasty. Talk about a team that had it all, it was the Isles. They literally played at a different level than everyone else in the NHL at the time. They get lost a little bit in history because they were sandwiched between the great Canadians dysnasties and the Oilers dynasty. And as great as the Isles were, right after them was the Oilers....and the Oilers were better.

But Mike Bossy was unreal. If he didn't get hurt, he'd be talked about as one of if not the greatest sniper of all time.

It was a pleasure to sweep the Isles in the 1st round in '94 though.

Enjoy being in a play-off race this year......even though deep down I'll be rooting against you.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA

I'm a Ranger fan and hate the Isles. But what has happened to them no one deserves.....well maybe Clipper fans. But it's to the point where it's not even fun.

Not sure if you're old enough to have seen them when they won 4 consecutive Cups, I hope you did for your sake. I did and they were flat nasty. Talk about a team that had it all, it was the Isles. They literally played at a different level than everyone else in the NHL at the time. They get lost a little bit in history because they were sandwiched between the great Canadians dysnasties and the Oilers dynasty. And as great as the Isles were, right after them was the Oilers....and the Oilers were better.

But Mike Bossy was unreal. If he didn't get hurt, he'd be talked about as one of if not the greatest sniper of all time.

It was a pleasure to sweep the Isles in the 1st round in '94 though.

Enjoy being in a play-off race this year......even though deep down I'll be rooting against you.

It's cool, I'm a Devils fan, Greg's the Isles fan. I just get tired of people spouting off, sounding totally stupid. Couldn't take anymore.

I'll say this, if the Rangers and Devils meet in the playoffs, it could be a 7 game series where only 7 goals are scored!
I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Oh, my God, I'm so hurt right now. I think-I think I'm gonna cry. Boo fucking hoo! Good riddance.

DJWuss

DJWuss

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, NYR, NYG, NYM, NYK, MUFC
And we're all mostly fans of teams in the East, but holy crap this West race is already intense. When it seems like one team has it figured out, they fall apart and someone comes out of nowhere like St Louis to make it that much harder. Keep an eye on Nashville and Chicago too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users