39 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Second season in a row. What can be done until the transfer window opens to fix the toothless attack? DC is the only Eastern team that has scored less than us.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Second season in a row. What can be done until the transfer window opens to fix the toothless attack? DC is the only Eastern team that has scored less than us.

We had the second most goals in the league last year...

This year I'm not sure there's much to be done until the transfer window. Play Veron instead of Muyl, stick with Felipe as CAM and Kljestan as CM, find a magical new formation?

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
Is there any CM or CAM prospects we can play for a game that put Felipe and Sacha on the bench?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Switch Adams and Sasha to give us a better high press and better distribution from back in our own half.

We still need a difference maker on the wing.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Sacha at CM would be suicide defensively. He either has to play CAM or else on the bench

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Sacha at CM would be suicide defensively. He either has to play CAM or else on the bench

Honestly as long as the CAM was playing in front of him pressed a bit too and is athletic, I don't think it would that bad.  We would lose the ball less in the middle third also which would help relieve some pressure on the defense.  

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Sacha is literally the Pirlo of NYC; only he doesn't look like smokes a pack a day or makes millions. One is definitely gone next year.

What's Sacha's contract status anyways? Is next year like an option?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The lack of speed on the wings, dramatic dropoff in passing out of the middle of the park (in no small part due to Dax being traded) and major CB distribution issues (Perrinelle old and Long not a great distributor of the ball) were/are all major concerns for this squad.  Those issues cannot be addressed by anyone on the current roster, with the best option as a stop gap being Veron for Muyl.

They need to drop 500k-1m on a winger (a good one with pace, not a Royer clone) or slide Sacha back to the box/box role and find a new attacking mid.  Frankly I'm not sure Sacha will be able to cut it on his own as an attacking mid without the distribution from the back improving, and I'd look at dropping 300k on a starting quality CB too.

Quinero would fix a lot of issues, but he can't come in until next year and Red Bull sucks as an owner so they're too fucking cheap to buy him.

#RedBullOut

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Sacha is literally the Pirlo of NYC; only he doesn't look like smokes a pack a day or makes millions. One is definitely gone next year.

What's Sacha's contract status anyways? Is next year like an option?

Deal expires at the end of this season according to article from December.  link

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

The lack of speed on the wings, dramatic dropoff in passing out of the middle of the park (in no small part due to Dax being traded) and major CB distribution issues (Perrinelle old and Long not a great distributor of the ball) were/are all major concerns for this squad.  Those issues cannot be addressed by anyone on the current roster, with the best option as a stop gap being Veron for Muyl.

They need to drop 500k-1m on a winger (a good one with pace, not a Royer clone) or slide Sacha back to the box/box role and find a new attacking mid.  Frankly I'm not sure Sacha will be able to cut it on his own as an attacking mid without the distribution from the back improving, and I'd look at dropping 300k on a starting quality CB too.

Quinero would fix a lot of issues, but he can't come in until next year and Red Bull sucks as an owner so they're too fucking cheap to buy him.

+1

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
We are halfway through the season and only four players have scored goals for the club in league play: BWP (8), Royer (4), Muyl (2) and Lawrence (1). Last season 13 different players scored goals.

The following players have contributed 0 goals this year, with the number in parentheses being the number they scored last year:

Grella (7)
Kljestan (6)
Felipe (5)
Veron (3)
Davis (2)
Lade (1)
Collin (0)
Zizzo (0)
Long (0)
Adams (0)
Etienne (0)
Perrinelle (0)

That's a helluva lot of the roster not scoring. Other teams have defenders and midfielders that can score except Red Bull.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The following players have contributed 0 goals this year, with the number in parentheses being the number they scored last year:

Grella (7)
Kljestan (6)
Felipe (5)
Veron (3)
Davis (2)
Lade (1)

That's a helluva lot of the roster not scoring. Other teams have defenders and midfielders that can score except Red Bull.

Felipe is the one who really stands out, given his minutes and touches.    But I'm sure the Dax trade has nothing to do with that, either, right?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Felipe is the one who really stands out, given his minutes and touches.    But I'm sure the Dax trade has nothing to do with that, either, right?

Maybe a little, at the start of the year it seemed like Felipe was being told not to make too many runs into the attack and sit back with Davis/Adams instead. He's been getting a few more shots off the last few games, not that they've gone anywhere near goal. That's kinda how he works though, 15 shots into Row Z before one finally catches the corner. Or my personal favorite where he shanked a shot off his own face and in.

Long should really have at least a few this year too, Kljestan has found him wide open on a few corners, but for a guy who used to play striker his finishing sucks.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Probably would have helped if our cheapskate owner had bothered to sign players in the offseason. But no. Only Leipzig matter now.

Barcaredbulls

Barcaredbulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

We had the second most goals in the league last year...

This year I'm not sure there's much to be done until the transfer window. Play Veron instead of Muyl, stick with Felipe as CAM and Kljestan as CM, find a magical new formation?

Veron is awful. Literally the worst player on the field at all times. Always out of position.  Looks like he his playing improv, while the rest of the team is on script. Directly responsible for second goal Saturday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users