Jozy's crocodile tears, eh?

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

After last year this is almost a must-win. 

I know it's not really a must, even with a loss we are still way ahead of them in the standings, but it would be nice to bury them as much as possible.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

One of the worst teams in the league, so I guess I expect either a complete demolishment of TFC or an agonizingly boring 1-0 loss. 

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Figures we play jozy and bradley right after watching Panama pick our USMNT WC scabs bloody again

5 year plan

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Figures we play jozy and bradley right after watching Panama pick our USMNT WC scabs bloody again

Jozy is still on the disabled list as of today , hope he does not recover for us

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Toronto looked awful against NYCFC. At one point Bradley was the only one actively trying it seemed. 

Just remembered we are missing Royer for this one.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

TFC is STILL too busy taking a victory lap from last season. Their fanbase has been fed with a cup. Ours is still starving. Three points from this match. No excuses. 

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
Great time to get hot. Make a statement and move on. Only thing to focus on now is SS and MLS cup so no more resting players. Lets get it.

LONG LIVE METRO

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

feels weird not to have a July 4 away game.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I feel like Toronto is just having a hard time getting motivated.  They won it all last year.  Then played an EXTREMELY spirited CCL tournament where they were really giving it everything.  Now just seem like they are coasting because they know they can win 5 straight without much of an issue.

Jozy being out still is the major thing.  

Curious to see who takes Royer's spot.  Wonder if it's Muyl or they use Etienne there.  Continue to be frustrated with Etienne.  Not enough final product from him. It's there too, but sometimes he seems content doing something amazing, only to see the end product narrowly miss. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I feel like Toronto ... are coasting because they know they can win 5 straight without much of an issue.

In Cups. Something we have never managed to do.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

In Cups. Something we have never managed to do.

Yep, agree.  Main point is I just hope they don't show up big time against us.  Still almost certain they'll go on a run and make playoffs, just hope it's not yet.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I feel like Toronto is just having a hard time getting motivated.  They won it all last year.  Then played an EXTREMELY spirited CCL tournament where they were really giving it everything.  Now just seem like they are coasting because they know they can win 5 straight without much of an issue.

Jozy being out still is the major thing.  

Curious to see who takes Royer's spot.  Wonder if it's Muyl or they use Etienne there.  Continue to be frustrated with Etienne.  Not enough final product from him. It's there too, but sometimes he seems content doing something amazing, only to see the end product narrowly miss. 

Agree about Etienne, he had a couple of golden chances in the Philly Open Cup game that he really should of converted.   But, he's still been very good for us at times.  Muyl, FWIW, also seems to do all of the right things up until the final moment.  

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Yep, agree.  Main point is I just hope they don't show up big time against us.  Still almost certain they'll go on a run and make playoffs, just hope it's not yet.

I'd be very surprised if they aren't a playoff team, as well. They're only 6 points out of the last playoff spot with a game in hand. Let's hope they keep sleepwalking against us this weekend. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Agree about Etienne, he had a couple of golden chances in the Philly Open Cup game that he really should of converted.   But, he's still been very good for us at times.  Muyl, FWIW, also seems to do all of the right things up until the final moment.  

Even against Dallas he has to finish one of those chances.  Sometimes he comes away from those looking like "Aww that was great, I'll get it next time" instead of thinking that chance might never come again.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users