• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:48 PM

Drinking some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale...FREE!! Compiments of my bro-in-law Khanh Nguyen.

My bro-in-law is staying over. We are partying this weekend since he is leaving for Iraq in a few weeks. I'm fully expecting to coach my daughter's team's two friendlies tomorrow with a slight hangover. No problem. I've coached important AYSO matches that way. Yes, there are important AYSO matches.

A toast to all us teachers who had to start early. We are two weeks into it at our district. By the way, our superintendent is a big soccer guy. I met him on the AYSO select fields. He is a coach. There are good people among us.

Been a good soccer summer. The country is tilting toward soccer. I can feel it. Haven't you been surprised by how many people come up to you suddenly who are into it? Good stuff.

Getting ready to play in my fourth Whit-e Classic. Looking forward to playing with RobertTheBruce again. It has been about three long years since we've played. What's up, dude?!

Next year we HAVE to get a Riot Squad foursome. It is a must. Whit-e was a cool dude.

All the RS that went to Mexico are heroes. FUCKING HEROES!!

What are you drinking?

#2 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

Stopper, you and I had our personal "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" when we left LA at 10pm and ended up at the MGM Grand to watch the opening of the 2002 World Cup at 4am. What a great fucking journey!

I'm riding on Skyy vodka now, getting ready for my music video tomorrow. No, I'm not making it, I AM the video. My song, my performance, and my friends from work are gonna crew.

ANYWAY, I don't play golf. No idea. But WHITE-E was a friend, and if there was ever a reason to learn and do it for a reason, the WHITE-E golf classic is worthy.

FOR THE NEWBS: White-E was Squad thru and thru and a great dude who invited LARS to his pad before games for great parties. Unfortunately, he was killed in a senseless drive-by shooting (totally random). It was our first major loss of "one of us". Even more unfortunately, we've lost several more since. Nevertheless, White-E has been memorialized by a golf tournament that ANYONE can be a part of. Please consider it.

And always drink booze with Stopper... this guy is a fucking superhero.

tm
lars

#3 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

A toast to all us teachers who had to start early. We are two weeks into it at our district.

Damn, my hat is off to you. Or it would be, if I were wearing a hat. But if I'm not wearing a hat, I guess it is indeed off. So there you go. :cheers:

Anyway, we don't start til the day after Labor Day. But we have our thrilling beginning of the year meetings the week before. So I feel like I have one week left. I taught summer school, though, so I really need that week.

I kinda doubt you're the first ever to coach hung over, in any case.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#4 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts
  • Interests:LAGalaxy, Ebbsfleet United, Harchester United, West Ham United, Schalke 04
  • Supports:Ebbsfleet United

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

I'm drinking the usual. I have busted out the "Yellowtail"...

By the way, funny things happen when clubs such as Burnley, come to Ventura County for their pre-season...

You beat Manchester United...

Wish I could golf...

#5 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:31 AM

The wife's aunt from Down Under is in town and brought a 6 pack of VB (Victoria Bitter). It's not much to get excited about but it reminds me of being in Australia so it's quite enjoyable for sentimental reasons. If only I had a meat pie.

Hey, stopper. I finally got around to having pho a couple days ago. I don't know what took so long but that shit rocks!

#6 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:57 AM

Pho is the shit!!!! YOu should try it at my house when my wife goes all out and gets the bones going and all. Oh, YEAH!!

If TommyMack had gotten to my house on time for that Vegas trip, I would've put $20 on Senegal v France. ASK HIM!!! I also played and sang "Never Rest Easy" to him on the elevator on the way up to the room. Ask him.

11 beers in.

#7 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:12 AM

Need to correct that. ten beers in, but you get the pictures. I will no longer correct my typos, as it the tradition on Friday night beers.

Pho. Eat it, assholes.

RTB is a fucking good goldefer. For a black guy. No offense to Tiger Woods. Who is a black guy. And a Thai guy, tg vy by the way.

Hey, my beer mug looks halfway f7ull. GTood times.

I have lots of family over. good shit. More lilekly to embarass the wife. Momi in law is fover . FUN!!!

#8 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:38 AM

Went to a Korean BBQ place and had this...

Posted Image

Made from the great brewers in Seoul, Korea
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#9 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:53 AM

Pho. Eat it, assholes.

Mildly funny, particularly if you have actual familiarity with Chinese and Vietnamese speakers of English.

Wok The Fuck on Pho featuring Phuc Dat Bich
Posted Image

I'm halfway through my redline of 4 beers (but I might have 5 anyway because I'm LARS hard).
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#10 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

Friday night beers turn into Saturday night beers......

An Aventinus, a Fail Sail Brewing Company's Brewmaster's Special Scottish Ale with a more than friendly wee dram of Aberlour 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Good Times!

I really wanted a Montecristo Cigar to complete the ale and whisky, but the humidor is empty. :(

Posted Image
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#11 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

Posted Image

once again, just a wee dram.......
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

#12 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts
  • Interests:LAGalaxy, Ebbsfleet United, Harchester United, West Ham United, Schalke 04
  • Supports:Ebbsfleet United

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:54 AM

Researching a concordance...

#13 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:09 AM

Researching a concordance...

let me know if you need help with your research..... :cheers:

Hey, Kool Aid!

#14 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

Went to a Korean BBQ place and had this...

Posted Image

Made from the great brewers in Seoul, Korea

I had that at a Korean BBQ place as well.

I doubt that it would be distinguishable from any other American Lager in a blind taste test.

#15 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

It's funny that it's a Japanese ad for a Korean beer.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users