Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,392 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

was his 1st yr coaching pros. i'm for keeping Armas, just needs another good player or 2. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I want Mike Petke back

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Supports:New York

I like Armas, I look forward to seeing how he does with a full season next year. After some time, I wouldn't be surprised if he's revealed to be a better tactician than Marsch.

I know he's getting criticism for the first leg game in ATL, and it's deserved. But let's pretend he went more defensive and we held the 2-0 loss. We'd be in exactly the same predicament tonight. The team needed to go for goals and get that road goal, hindsight is 20/20, but in the moment I think it was smart to try to get that goal.

Maybe after next season I won't think so highly of him, but I have an inkling that he's the right coach for us going forward.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,237 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Armas ... he's getting criticism for the first leg game in ATL, and it's deserved.

Any coach who does not prevail gets criticized.
SKC played 0-0 first leg and lost at home.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Mike Petke was the GOAT. Armas sucks - out out out!

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

This thread is the kind of wild kneejerk pessimism I've come to miss a little from this fanbase. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,055 posts

I said from the start that next year is going to tell the most about Armas.  THis year is more of a continuation of what Marsch built.  Next year will tell a lot.  Players will test a coach to see if they hold them accountable and now it's going to be long enough to test Armas.

I hated his decision to basically change everything that got us there in the first Atlanta game.  I blame him more for the loss than anyone else because that decision was just the wrong thing to do.  Not a 2nd guess either, was a first guess the moment it was clear what we were doing.  Atlanta's only weakness is battling and fighting them.  I always thought that's why we were always so successful against them.  We are the best team in the league at battling and fighting.  That strategy removed the fight.

That said, he deserves to come back.  Just will be passing most judgement on him next season.  It's not easy for a coach to squeeze every ounce out of players.  Great coaches can do it, Marsch did it.  Want to see if Armas can do it.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts
  • Supports:METRO
I'm ok with a full year for armas but don't see him anything but Jesse's protege which isn't saying much as both made the same mistake of tinkering way to much when tinkering time was up, in decisive games.

Just don't think he's not very confident in himself or his strategy and seems lost or confused so often including after the game. He did a great job of continuing what Jesse started but he couldn't finish the job, or even stick with the game plan that got us the shield.

I'm down with a new coach/system but doubt rb wants to invest time, effort, or the money on looking for a new coach. And Hamlet would never fire him cuz they're all friends from Chicago and who does he even report too, grandpere?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users