176 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
While MLS has released hardly anything on the SuperDraft, the draft is slated to take place on January 11th.

Red Bulls have the 15th pick in each round:
15, 43, and 71. We also have the 73rd pick for the rights to Aziel Jackson.

A few weeks ago there was a college combine for 44 NCAA players. None (to the best of my knowledge) had ties to RBNY Academy or U23s.

I believe the following academy prospects were Seniors or Grad students this year:

Kevin O'Toole (Princeton) - solid left back who played higher up the field in college. Was the first regular academy starter for NYRBII back in 2016 and to date, the only academy player to have played in the playoffs.
Kaz Shigenobu (Princeton) - played in 11 matches for NYRBII in 2016/2017. Solid midfielder that is worth a shot with NYRBII.
Mason Deeds (Penn State) - once a highly touted prospect, has fallen off drastically when at Georgetown, moved to Penn State and played with Reading United last year after not doing so well with our U23s in 2019.
Jordan Bailon (Dartmouth) - played a couple games for NYRBII in 2018. Defender.

JP Marin (Seton Hall), Jon Filipe (Fairfield), Skylar Conway (Marist), and Zach Ryan (Stanford) I believe are all college seniors that spent some time with NYRBII but never made it into a match. Only Zach Ryan (Redshirt Senior) made the bench back in 2016, 2017. Sam Ilin also a senior but I believe has distanced himself from the organization.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

How much will Philly sell all their draft picks for this year?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

While MLS has released hardly anything on the SuperDraft, the draft is slated to take place on January 11th.

Red Bulls have the 15th pick in each round:
15, 43, and 71. We also have the 73rd pick for the rights to Aziel Jackson.

A few weeks ago there was a college combine for 44 NCAA players. None (to the best of my knowledge) had ties to RBNY Academy or U23s.

I believe the following academy prospects were Seniors or Grad students this year:

Kevin O'Toole (Princeton) - solid left back who played higher up the field in college. Was the first regular academy starter for NYRBII back in 2016 and to date, the only academy player to have played in the playoffs.
Kaz Shigenobu (Princeton) - played in 11 matches for NYRBII in 2016/2017. Solid midfielder that is worth a shot with NYRBII.
Mason Deeds (Penn State) - once a highly touted prospect, has fallen off drastically when at Georgetown, moved to Penn State and played with Reading United last year after not doing so well with our U23s in 2019.
Jordan Bailon (Dartmouth) - played a couple games for NYRBII in 2018. Defender.

JP Marin (Seton Hall), Jon Filipe (Fairfield), Skylar Conway (Marist), and Zach Ryan (Stanford) I believe are all college seniors that spent some time with NYRBII but never made it into a match. Only Zach Ryan (Redshirt Senior) made the bench back in 2016, 2017. Sam Ilin also a senior but I believe has distanced himself from the organization.

otoole should get a deal and they liked what they saw from him with u-23 they wished he could have played rb2 over the summer. One coach said he would have been one of the best players on that team. The rest I could go either way on

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

otoole should get a deal and they liked what they saw from him with u-23 they wished he could have played rb2 over the summer. One coach said he would have been one of the best players on that team. The rest I could go either way on

Any idea why he didnt play?
Any idea if he is interested

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts

Agreed - O'Toole played so well in 2016 as an academy player.

The crazy part is that he played forward (and well) for Princeton and was a 2 time Ivy League Offensive POTY. 7g and 9a this season.

If you want a wingback that gets forward and allows Tolkin to slide inside, this is the guy.

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Any idea why he didnt play?
Any idea if he is interested

he cant he was in college

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts

How much will Philly sell all their draft picks for this year?

They only have pick #82 left. They traded their first pick last year for GAM and they just traded Julian Carranza to Miami (on loan) for their second round pick a couple weeks ago.

@CurseofCaricola

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

For the 2010 draft, I pulled my 12-year old out of school and took him to Philly, with pages of mock draft notes in hand.     One of my fondest parenting memories.  All the original Philly chants, Sweep The Leg Tchani, tormenting Garber, Albright coming over and sitting with us a bit...   great day, not even counting Tim Ream.   There was little or no thought at the time of the draft becoming obsolete.   Instead, we were thinking about how we were on ESPN, how cool that was, and how it would just get bigger.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Lots of fun at those Drafts in Philly & BMore.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
Draft Eligible:
Michael Knapp...who is signed to NYRBII and played on a Pro deal there all of 2021 and option exercised...
Kevin O'Toole...who should be HGP signed...

Pierre Reedy...former academy
Carlo Ritaccio...former U23 (2020)
CJ Tibbling...U23 (2021)

Kaz Shigenobu, Mason Deeds, Skylar Conway, JP Marin, Jordan Bailon, Jon Filipe, and Zach Ryan noticibly missing (could be going a 5th year, going elsewhere, done with soccer, signed an HGP deal).

EDIT: Preston Popp and Callum Johnson also with RB Academy experience.

@CurseofCaricola

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Draft Eligible:
Michael Knapp...who is signed to NYRBII and played on a Pro deal there all of 2021 and option exercised...
Kevin O'Toole...who should be HGP signed...

Pierre Reedy...former academy
Carlo Ritaccio...former U23 (2020)
CJ Tibbling...U23 (2021)

Kaz Shigenobu, Mason Deeds, Skylar Conway, JP Marin, Jordan Bailon, Jon Filipe, and Zach Ryan noticibly missing (could be going a 5th year, going elsewhere, done with soccer, signed an HGP deal).

red shirt as a freshman

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Tuesday...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts

Tuesday...

Still hopeful we bring on O'Toole prior to the draft.

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Diogo Pacheco- winger from Akron has been active on RBNYs Instagram wonder if he is a target tomorrow

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Pacheco was at Red Bull combine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users