21 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Jermain Jones just said that he will be heading into free agency. We all know he is a knobhead but he's a good player. I don't think he'd fit here given we already have Dax, Sacha, Felipe, Davis, and to an extent Adams competing for three positions.

To me I bet he ends up in San Jose, Chicago or maybe Portland.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Jermain Jones just said that he will be heading into free agency. We all know he is a knobhead but he's a good player. I don't think he'd fit here given we already have Dax, Sacha, Felipe, Davis, and to an extent Adams competing for three positions.

Odds are probably good that he's leaving MLS, he wouldn't qualify for free agency here

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

He also doesn't play anywhere near often enough to warrant the salary he wants.  Dude played in 9 games this season and he wants a raise.  Forget that.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Odds are probably good that he's leaving MLS, he wouldn't qualify for free agency here

Yeah you're correct. Maybe Mexico...

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He also doesn't play anywhere near often enough to warrant the salary he wants.  Dude played in 9 games this season and he wants a raise.  Forget that.

Would fit well in the Bronx then...

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

I can cheer for Collin after all those years of hating on him, cannot cheer for Jones. Not even for the NT.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Not even a whole day has passed before Jones is out there tweeting about his free agent status. Fuck him. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Finally goes to Chicago, teams up with Schweinsteiger and Vela.

Or also, could play for City. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Hope we've seen the last of him in MLS and on the USMNT...

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

my guess is he ends up with NYCFC

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

It's kind of a Cahill situation. Player still considers themselves a star, worthy of multi-year, multi-million dollar deals. But clubs only want to over you short, conditional contracts. Just chasing that best paycheck anywhere they have to. 

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

Jones isn't a "free agent" in MLS. Sure, he can sign with any team outside of MLS, but he's still locked in with Colorado. Any other MLS team that would want him will need to give up something to get him. Does anyone see a guy that's injured as frequently as he is being worth the added hassle of giving up more assets for him? 

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I like him.  Sure he's dirty and he wants to get paid, but both NE and Colorado got much better after he joined.  He disproved the conventional wisdom that players who come to MLS mid-season underperform at first; as I recall, he hit the ground running with NE after the World Cup.  Nobody can accuse him of coming to MLS to collect a fat paycheck and take it easy.  He's got that edge that a lot of lesser players are missing.

Having said that, he's not right for RBNY.  Center midfield is a position of strength right now and although I think he'd be an upgrade (right now, maybe not in 2 or 3 years) over all of our center midfielders except for Kljestan, the team should focus on other areas to improve.    Any team that wants him  would obviously have to consider his recent history of missing time due to injury and his age and inevitable decline in the next few years.  Like just about every professional athlete, Jones will probably have accept less (maybe a lot less) than what he thinks he's worth.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
He was good in the playoffs for the Rapids; hell, you could even argue he took them to the Western conference finals.

I'm no fan of the guy, but he can play when he's healthy. He is getting old tho, way past the prime age for a mid fielder.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Ben Olsen level douche

https://www.google.c...WixiaUulcvUAFM:

https://www.google.c...68xHDu9JpRDnmM:

https://www.google.c...9khFgHkyPPf3DM:

https://www.google.c...xI42lwueOlrC3M: