578 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I just hope they add more players with experience and proven scorers...

I'm worried about this idea that 21 year Olds are going to win... Where are they going to come from because this side came from RB2 and proved that USL is not the MLS.. Omir, Stroud, even Duncan especially Barlow and even White..

They just aren't good enough.. And you can throw in Davis...

These guys are just not good enough..

So unless they plan on signing 21 year Olds that are amazing studs.. Really the best thing is to keep most of these guys and add old DPs.. Let's be realistic MLS can't sign Haaland they're going to have to hope an old guy like Mandzukic is willing to come... And if they want 21 year Old then we're screwed because good 21year Olds are world renowned and demand 80 - 100 million in transfer fees and won't want to come to MLS...

They're best bet is poaching 17 year old from SA and combining that with the current roster and academy and adding 3 or 4 old guys
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I just hop they add more players with experience and proven scorers...

I'm worried about this idea that 21 year Olds are going to win... Where are they going to come from because this side came from RB2 and proved that USL is not the MLS.. Omir, Stroud, even Duncan especially Barlow and even White..

They just aren't good enough.. And you can throw in Davis...

These guys are just not good enough..

So unless they plan on signing 21 year Olds that are amazing studs.. Really the best thing is to keep most of these guys and add old DPs.. Let's be realistic MLS can't sign Haaland they're going to have to hope an old guy like Mandzukic is willing to come... And if they want 21 year Old then we're screwed because good 21year Olds are world renowned and demand 80 - 100 million in transfer fees and won't want to come to MLS...

They're best bet is poaching 17 year old from SA and combining that with the current roster and academy and adding 3 or 4 old guys

its okay to have some USL classes contribute heavily into the first team.  But the USL class that helped our Shield team won USL.  Our USL teams havent been nearly as good in the last 2-3 years, and thats related to prospect quality, not Woly the coach.  That should change soon though with recent recruitment, but I also wonder what random guys we will pull out of a hat this offseason.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
Kamaldeen Suleman a 18yr old left winger plays in Danish league and plays for Ghanaian National team..

https://youtu.be/q878JIBMAVw

3 goals and 3 assists on 8 appearances on the season..

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Team lost a bunch of good players like Lawrence, Robles, BWP and tried to replace them all with kids and spare parts from 2nd and 3rd divisions overseas.

Unsurprising that the team ended up being a bunch of exchangeable bench players + Kaku Long and Parker for the whole season.

Whats the point of being an energy drink branded team if they play and spend like a feeder club with no ambitions. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
Facts...

I don't mind they sign a pair of young teenage wingers like Kamaldeen Suleman.. He has explosive speed and great dribble and has already been capped with his Nats..

But this team definitely needs at least 3 Juan Pablo Angel, TH14 kind of signing..

Gotta get a sure thing as DP even if they are +30 year old on his last 2 seasons...

This team need 3 DPs that are impact players... Then if they want a bunch of 21 year Olds I'm fine with that

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Team lost a bunch of good players like Lawrence, Robles, BWP and tried to replace them all with kids and spare parts from 2nd and 3rd divisions overseas.

Unsurprising that the team ended up being a bunch of exchangeable bench players + Kaku Long and Parker for the whole season.

Whats the point of being an energy drink branded team if they play and spend like a feeder club with no ambitions. 

All the signings under Thelwell havent been top of the roster players. Its still MLS so while Pendant hasnt panned out I doubt we are splashing a couple million a piece on new FBs. Those will always be budget signings.

Yearwood is a DP, but can be reclassified as one of the U22 players if that roster mechanism materializes as it is supposed to.

It would be shocking if Tetteh is retained, considering his usage since signing and underwhelming play

So

DP spots:
1. Kaku (gone?)

U22 players
1. Yearwood

Potential for 5 open DP/YDP spots on the roster, with the depth on the roster that has been forced to play bigger roles this thing can be turned around if Thelwell/Struber/Fernie get those top end signings right and RedBull gives them the flexibility to do it.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Exactly.  What's the point? "Red Bull gives you wings..... to fail"

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

All the signings under Thelwell havent been top of the roster players. Its still MLS so while Pendant hasnt panned out I doubt we are splashing a couple million a piece on new FBs. Those will always be budget signings.

Yearwood is a DP, but can be reclassified as one of the U22 players if that roster mechanism materializes as it is supposed to.

It would be shocking if Tetteh is retained, considering his usage since signing and underwhelming play

So

DP spots:
1. Kaku (gone?)

U22 players
1. Yearwood

Potential for 5 open DP/YDP spots on the roster, with the depth on the roster that has been forced to play bigger roles this thing can be turned around if Thelwell/Struber/Fernie get those top end signings right and RedBull gives them the flexibility to do it.

I think it would be best to either sell Kaku or making him a Tam player...

I'd love to see Mandzukic and Hulk and Jack Wilshere.. You add that to this roster and maybe find a couple of journeyman and I think it's a much better team...

LB, LW, CM, CAM, RW CF CF

Aside from Long and Parker and possibly Duncan I can be OK with a whole new starting lineup... The guys left here are bench players..

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Julien Green.

He is only 25yr old and has been one of the best players in the german 2nd division. This week he scored a really nice goal.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Wow. Remember when he was the next big thing?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Phillip Zinckernagel 15 goals and 19 assists in 23 matches for the Norwegian champions Bodo/Glimt, and hes available for free on January 1st.

https://www.transfer.../spieler/271098

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Phillip Zinckernagel 15 goals and 19 assists in 23 matches for the Norwegian champions Bodo/Glimt, and hes available for free on January 1st.

https://www.transfer.../spieler/271098

Seeing who his agent is, he'll probably do better than NYRB.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Wow. Remember when he was the next big thing?

Man it really highlights what a "lost generation" that was for the USMNT when we thought he was the shit for playing for Bayern's reserves. Now look at where our young guys are playing.

I actually saw him play in person last year when I visited family in Hamburg and got to go to a St. Pauli game. He was entirely mediocre but that was only one game, quick look at his numbers over the past few years in the 2nd division have actually been solid for an attacking mid.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Aron Johansson is leaving Hammarby in January.  He wants to either return to the Bundesliga or come to MLS.  30 years old, scored 12 goals in 22 league appearances for Hammarby this year.

It seems like a million years ago, but he did have a very good year or two in Holland.  As good as Jozy at AZ. He's generally looked good when healthy, but he was rarely healthy during his 4 years at Werder Bremen.

Yeah, he's too old for Red Bull.  But he'd be an immediate upgrade over anyone else we have at striker.  He also played some left wing at Bremen.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Aron Johansson is leaving Hammarby in January. 

https://www.espn.com...desliga-options

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users