578 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

i still think he has something left in the tank and i wouldnt be shocked if berhalter calls him in if he can stay healthy. he is still better than most of the strikers that have been called in to the USMNT. 

Hes 31. Hes had a history of injuries. Hes had 11, 2, & 2 goals the last three seasons (including 21). Can he have a BWP LAFC season if a team picks him next year? Of course. Also very likely hell have a BWP Columbus season. Not worth the risk.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
21 year old DM Siro Rosane from San Lorenzo is being linked with a move to the MLS

https://twitter.com/...5361379330?s=21

https://twitter.com/...3034913798?s=21

Rumored fee of $2-2.2 M. RBNY could probably use another body there with Davis, Yearwood, and CCJ being their only viable options. 99% chance Davis will be brought back, but his contract as of now is up at the end of 2021.

Diarra was a flop, and Im not sure RBNY will want Davis to play every minute again in 2022. Kind of fits the profile of a Red Bull signing.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Was watching Bragantino play last night against Internacional and Joao "Johnny" Cardoso was on the pitch for Inter. 20 y/o d-mid that's playing in the Brasilerao, was born in Denville, NJ to Brazilian parents and has had a sniff with the USMNT. Sounds like a fit to me.

https://en.wikipedia.../Johnny_Cardoso

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Joao "Johnny" Cardoso
https://en.wikipedia.../Johnny_Cardoso

Not much of a presence for Inter; 14 appearances
for a club which has played 120 games in 2020-21

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Hes 31. Hes had a history of injuries. Hes had 11, 2, & 2 goals the last three seasons (including 21). Can he have a BWP LAFC season if a team picks him next year? Of course. Also very likely hell have a BWP Columbus season. Not worth the risk.

Has a history of injuries but he never relied on his speed. He has a power shot, knows how to hold the ball, set up teammates
and will find open space to poach goals. He could be an effective player into his late 30s if he stays healthy.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Not much of a presence for Inter; 14 appearances
for a club which has played 120 games in 2020-21

Stats on Wikipedia aren't up to date. He has played in 19 of Inter's 27 games in this year's Brasilerao with 8 starts.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Stats on Wikipedia aren't up to date.

Well, get on it!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Has a history of injuries but he never relied on his speed. He has a power shot, knows how to hold the ball, set up teammates
and will find open space to poach goals. He could be an effective player into his late 30s if he stays healthy.

Not saying his injuries would effect his performance, but every time he plays theres a decent chance youre going to have to burn an early sub on him. You cant count on him.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Synergize:

Total Esportes - ALERRANDRO 2020/21 - YouTube

21 yo Bragantino CF

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

I think Jozy has burnt enough bridges that he wouldn't land on most MLS teams, even at a low cost.

I second that. Calling Metro fans classless.... Completing looking uninterested and flat out choking in that last spell with the USMNT to miss the World Cup..

If I want anyone back it's BWP to retire in New York.. Abd Robles too
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
Bear with me on this one. Anderson Niangbo

Played for Struber at Liefering and then WAC before getting transferred to Gent in Belgium for $4.4M

Didnt get a ton of playing time in his first full season and is back on loan in Austria with LASK.

Season under Struber that earned him his move was 7G 5A in 17 games played. 22 year old winger/ST type, has played some AM too

Beyond the connection playing for Struber, Gerhard recently followed Niangbos agent Momo Sissoko on IG

Could be nothing but thought Id mention it

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Bear with me on this one. Anderson Niangbo

Played for Struber at Liefering and then WAC before getting transferred to Gent in Belgium for $4.4M

Didnt get a ton of playing time in his first full season and is back on loan in Austria with LASK.

Season under Struber that earned him his move was 7G 5A in 17 games played. 22 year old winger/ST type, has played some AM too

Beyond the connection playing for Struber, Gerhard recently followed Niangbos agent Momo Sissoko on IG

Could be nothing but thought Id mention it

before Fabio and klimala and even Tetteh I wanted him not sure if he will work with Klimala but I would for it if it can be a TAm player to replace Royer then get a dp attacking mid an upgraded version of omir

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
I know I use IG a lot to try and sus out potential signings and its not foolproof but thought Id send another name along.

Fabian Angel, 20 year old DM that plays for Junior in Colombia. Dont know if its an Andres Reyes Colombian YNT connection but he recently followed the team.

Immediate Youba/future Davis replacement?

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

I know I use IG a lot to try and sus out potential signings and its not foolproof but thought Id send another name along.

Fabian Angel, 20 year old DM that plays for Junior in Colombia. Dont know if its an Andres Reyes Colombian YNT connection but he recently followed the team.

Immediate Youba/future Davis replacement?

he looks to have unfollowed

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Mateo Cassierra 24 yo Centre Foward has played for Ajax, and Racing from Argentina and Deportivo Cali...

Now he's at PFC Socchi in the Russian Premier League he's got 7 goals and 3 assists in 8 matches today he had 2 goals 2 assist game
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users