Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Roster decisions:

Options Exercised: Jake Lacava, Omar Sowe

Options Declined: Wallis Lapsley, Roy Boateng, Preston Kilwien, Edgardo Rito, Joe Fala, Deri Corfe, Cherif Dieye, Samad Bounthong, Barry Sharifi, Sebastian Elney

Zajec in negotiations.

Luca Lewis likely 3rd keeper for MLS team.

Based on the social media account, this was pretty obvious as they only talked about these players and the academy kids since the season ended.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Roy Boateng is an epic fail by Hamlett.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

The draft is 3 rounds this year. Would not mind if they just axed the whole thing and let teams sign whatever college players they want as free agents

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

2 of the last 14 draft picks in the past 2 offseasons are still on either the first team or USL roster and those 2 are Nealis and Seagrist and are likely gone as well.

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

2 of the last 14 draft picks in the past 2 offseasons are still on either the first team or USL roster and those 2 are Nealis and Seagrist and are likely gone as well.

Nealis might stick if Tarek isnt kept. No CB depth.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Roster decisions:

Options Exercised: Jake Lacava, Omar Sowe

Options Declined: Wallis Lapsley, Roy Boateng, Preston Kilwien, Edgardo Rito, Joe Fala, Deri Corfe, Cherif Dieye, Samad Bounthong, Barry Sharifi, Sebastian Elney

Zajec in negotiations.

Luca Lewis likely 3rd keeper for MLS team.

Based on the social media account, this was pretty obvious as they only talked about these players and the academy kids since the season ended.

Lewis under contract to rb2 currently and did not have an option as part of his deal so was not included in the release

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The draft is 3 rounds this year. Would not mind if they just axed the whole thing and let teams sign whatever college players they want as free agents

IMO, MLS SuperDraft is an attempt to match the other major sports drafts.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

IMO, MLS SuperDraft is an attempt to match the other major sports drafts.

Sure, but how long will it last when the picks barely become contributors? There is less and less pageantry each year as fewer picks become relevant.

A Signing Day type event can replace it.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

Lewis under contract to rb2 currently and did not have an option as part of his deal so was not included in the release

Makes sense, however they removed him from the team's roster page. You can, however, still access his player page (unlike the others that were declined). Likely an oversight on the roster page that will be fixed.

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Makes sense, however they removed him from the team's roster page. You can, however, still access his player page (unlike the others that were declined). Likely an oversight on the roster page that will be fixed.

that is the wording from the team could be he is moved up but as of now Im going work under assumption its an rb2 contract

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

For us the purpose of the draft mainly is to find players that contribute to a competitive environment for RB2, so the high upside younger guys we have there develop properly and are pushed in training.  Every once in a while a gem may come from there but thats really it.

Also to piggyback I would hope Nealis is not likely gone.  For a spot starting 4th CB I think he's pretty solid.  And while he may never be anything I dont think Seagrist needs to be rushed out the door either.  He can play with USL and see if he gets better.  Should never have been put in the position to start in MLS right away. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Is this a higher than usual percentage of declined options? 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Plus, Nealis' contract doesn't count against the cap since he's part of the Supplemental Roster (spots 21-30).

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Wow bloodbath.

Last season was our worst ever but I think some of these guys should have got another year.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

Wow bloodbath.

Last season was our worst ever but I think some of these guys should have got another year.

I would have kept Fala and Corfe. I thought Fala did a great job going from a forward to center back and Corfe, when he got the chance to play, has the high soccer IQ.

Fala has been playing with FC MoTown as a forward.

Dieye (first round draft pick) showed flashes but reminded me of Dane Richards in almost every possible way and the "kick the ball, then burn defender with speed" no longer works at the pro level. Still would have liked to see how he progressed with another season.

I also thought former academy players, Samad Bounthong and Barry Sharifi played well enough for another season, but enough academy kids that can play those positions. Admittedly, having watched a lot of academy games, I have a tendency to think all the kids that stood out at a young age are going to be able to make the jump to the pro level, which typically halts at the USL level.

@CurseofCaricola

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users