221 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

can't hate on this..... yet.  Big Tom Barlow has to be worried.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Speedball's belated birthday gift to the Metrofanatic and its faithful readers!!!

It pays to learn a fourth language!

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Alot of youth prospects.

Rbny scouting department is looking for diamonds

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Team acct tweeted something that had nothing but Brazilian flag emojis to spell out "F 9"

Assuming that's for Fabio, not Coronel, cuz I guess that'd be "GK 1" in Brazilian flag emojis, if it was indeed the RBS backup keeper. 

Newer tweet, official:

https://twitter.com/...736179387531267

Ok. Keep Kaku to feed him. LETS GO!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

I mean a signing is a signing but are we seriously happy with signing some guy who scored 4 in 19 in the SECOND DIVISION OF JAPAN??

I will cheer for him as hard as every player but if this is the starting 9 the lack of ambition to win MLS Cup is apparent.

Other teams are getting guys who bag 10+ in competitive top divisions.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Xw8kN7y8myc

He does look good on youtube tbh........

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts

I mean a signing is a signing but are we seriously happy with signing some guy who scored 4 in 19 in the SECOND DIVISION OF JAPAN??

I will cheer for him as hard as every player but if this is the starting 9 the lack of ambition to win MLS Cup is apparent.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Let's hope for the best.

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

Yup. I don't know why I feel so optimistic, but I'm excited, this guy HAS to be better than Barlow/White right?

And when was the last time we had a Brazilian striker? Rodrigo Faria?!?!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Yeah im going to cheer for every person in the shirt but when other teams have Vela, Lodero, Pozuelo, Valeri, Ruidiaz, Nani, Zelerean, Reynoso. Im just being realistic, were still a fighting for playoff team with a miracle chance for MLS Cup.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

i would be more worried but RB does this with all their teams.  This is the type of target man striker they always have and im happy we didnt spend a ton to get one who's playing as more of a defensive forward of sorts.  He has the traits to do that job well.  Poulsen, Sorloth all do the same job though on other teams i dont think they'd be as useful.

But they just still need the Timo/Olmo guy who goes next to him.  Need to see who the Haksa backup plan is. 

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
*Yawn*

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i would be more worried but RB does this with all their teams.  This is the type of target man striker they always have and im happy we didnt spend a ton to get one who's playing as more of a defensive forward of sorts.  He has the traits to do that job well.  Poulsen, Sorloth all do the same job though on other teams i dont think they'd be as useful.

But they just still need the Timo/Olmo guy who goes next to him.  Need to see who the Haksa backup plan is. 

I guess the Plan C is to keep Royer ready, just in case. Still have the roster space, so just a case of RBNY closing the deal with agents/players. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He has interest from teams in both the first and second division in Brazil, but he prefers a move to the US for the pay, the opportunity to live in the US and because he has a newborn girl

I was going to ask why hes not going to Red Bull Brazil...

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

At 6' 4" and 180 lbs, you'd figure he'd bang in at least one header a game over there

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts

Yup. I don't know why I feel so optimistic, but I'm excited, this guy HAS to be better than Barlow/White right?

And when was the last time we had a Brazilian striker? Rodrigo Faria?!?!

I was thinking the same thing!

Faria was great until he went rogue.

In the video, fabio reminds me of how diallo used to play. Very strong and fast. He just overpowered those defenders. If he can overpower a guy like Zimmerman, he is going to destroy MLS teams.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Have fun with the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" commercial he did decades ago. 

Hopefully not: I can't believe he's not better!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users