221 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
We already knew we have far less ambition than the other teams in MLS.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Japan ... 5 goals in 19 games ... Brazil ... 5 goals in 15

10 goals in 34 games would be nice for us.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

10 goals in 34 games would be nice for us.

In good years we've needed  35 or so combined from our top 3 scorers, maybe 40 from the top 4.    Who's going to get us those other 25 or 30 goals if he's only banging in 10?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

signing a 6'4 guy just reminds me of the Cincy game where we floated in 20+ crosses to Omir Fernandez at forward smh.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

I mean a signing is a signing but are we seriously happy with signing some guy who scored 4 in 19 in the SECOND DIVISION OF JAPAN??

I.......

I killed the josh sims signing because he couldnt score. Guess I should be pessimistic about this one too

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think there's enough ability here that MLS success is plausible but it sure isn't an inspiring move.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

signing a 6'4 guy just reminds me of the Cincy game where we floated in 20+ crosses to Omir Fernandez at forward smh.

I was going to say that its too bad Kendall Waston isn't in MLS anymore, he's been beating up our strikers for years now and we finally have a guy who could match him physically.

I still remember laughing watching Jorgensen try to square up against Waston, although it was almost too sad to be funny.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

So.....while we scrounge around for "diamonds in the rough" in the Brasilian second division, Cincinnati drop $13 million for a young player from Sao Paolo.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

So.....while we scrounge around for "diamonds in the rough" in the Brasilian second division, Cincinnati drop $13 million for a young player from Sao Paolo.

Yeah there's really no excuse for this shit. It's sad. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
He scored 15 goals in 2019 for Oeste. They were the worst team in Serie B this season so Im not surprised his production went down, but still scored 5 there and 5 in Japan.

No, hes not a DP level attacker, and it would be nice if they brought in a Haksabanovic type second striker/winger to complement Fabio, but from highlights he has much better feet and technical ability than Barlow, and is capable of playing the short interchange passes around the box that is a feature of Struber teams.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
This came from nowhere... so who knows, maybe there is someone else in the pipeline? Right?

Right...

"Fábio already has international experience and has scored decisive goals in strong leagues" -- Struber

J2 FTW

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

We just can't compete in quality of life and the pull of

*checks notes *

Cincinnati Ohio

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

We can't realistically be expected to compete like that with big market, big money clubs like Cincy.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

I was going to ask why hes not going to Red Bull Brazil...

they have a full roster brazil is type of country with to many good players thats why deals can be found in lower leagues

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

they paid loccadia a ton he hardly scored and they hunkered and counter and likley will again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users