• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
Great coach. Gonna be fun to see just how great he is now too.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Gonna be fun to see just how great he is now too.

Ve vill be instucken getzing!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Old video but still a favorite:

https://youtu.be/fLMmr2HvTwI

Hope leipzig signs at least one more good striker - they were fun to watch with Timo but seemed so lost without him. With a good young striker + Tyler in the midfield + Jesse coaching they will probably be my favorite Euro team to watch next season.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Brendan Aaronson talking about Marsch - Go to 4:25

Jesse Marsch to RB Leipzig Analysis! | How can it affect the USMNT? - YouTube

Talks formations, and maybe offers some insight on Struber/RB broader system. 4222 as described by Aaronson could be interesting. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Old video but still a favorite:

https://youtu.be/fLMmr2HvTwI

Hope leipzig signs at least one more good striker - they were fun to watch with Timo but seemed so lost without him. With a good young striker + Tyler in the midfield + Jesse coaching they will probably be my favorite Euro team to watch next season.

Yeah Sorloth, Poulsen, etc. arent the quality the need to challenge in the league.  Daka maybe can do the job, but with their funding i'd hope Daka is the minimum they shoot for. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

They might need a central defender or two after losing Upamecano to Bayern.  And I've been reading that Liverpool has their eyes on Konate.

They definitely seem less potent without Werner, but they are doing better in the league without him.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

They might need a central defender or two after losing Upamecano to Bayern.  And I've been reading that Liverpool has their eyes on Konate.

They definitely seem less potent without Werner, but they are doing better in the league without him.

they purchased their replacements for those two last couple windows.  I've heard a lot of good things about Gvardiol but i dont know Simakan as well

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

They're doing better this year but that has more to do with Dortmund underperforming so hard this year relative to last year. Leipzig has 26 fewer goals than last year with 3 games left to play, but their defense was rock solid all year which has gotten the the results they needed.  

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
The only downside of this move is it makes it even more unlikely that Marsch ends up the USMNT coach in 2026.

Would be great to have this US generation in its prime with JM at the helm for a home World Cup, but doesn't look like the stars will align.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

The only downside of this move is it makes it even more unlikely that Marsch ends up the USMNT coach in 2026.

Would be great to have this US generation in its prime with JM at the helm for a home World Cup, but doesn't look like the stars will align.

Why is it unlikely? He signed a 2 year deal with RBL. If he sees it out, it will be good timing to save the USMNT in 2023

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Marsch coaches USMNT to Copa America glory...or at least the final, and can't get over the hump. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

They might need a central defender or two

Reyes!!!

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Why is it unlikely? He signed a 2 year deal with RBL. If he sees it out, it will be good timing to save the USMNT in 2023

If he's out of the job in 2 years, he'll be either on track for an even better job (Bayern? Prem?) or he will have failed at RBL, so wouldn't be the savior of choice if USMNT should need one.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
Love you soccer dad.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Hey! This means Caden Clark will be coached by Hesse too. Not bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users