116 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Long's gonna smack this dude at least once this year. Prone to inexplicable and unneeded mistakes

#RedBullOut

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Talented kid and hoping he excels here.

Drama has followed him, but doesn't seem to be too much in his control.
Chicago had apparently signed him to an HGP contract while he was in college but he ended up going back to Indiana much to many people's surprise. He wins the Hermann trophy. Turns down an HGP deal to go on trial at Rangers but signs with their rivals, Celtic a week after coming back. Celtic loans him to Nashville the same day he signs (they were still in USL but joining MLS the next year). Chicago gets MLS to stop the loan. Celtic loans him to Charlotte Independence instead. He's plays there until mid-summer, back to Celtic for preseason meanwhile Chicago trades his MLS rights to FC Cincinnati. Celtic loans him to FC Cincinnati since Gutman can't get the work permit to play there. Stays on loan for 2020. Loan expires at the end of 2020 but Gutman somehow gets left available for the Expansion Draft rather than return from loan. FC Cincinnati trades their #1 spot in the re-entry draft to Atlanta for $75k, who select Gutman. Gutman gets purchased from Celtic by Atlanta today, who immediately loan him to us for the season. Such a strange few years for the kid.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Is there a buy option?  I haven't seen that anywhere.

Gutman doesnt have one but Fabio and coronel do was addressing the greater loans comments

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

It seems that the defense is sorted out with a varied amount of backups. 

LB

Gutman Pendant Tolkin

RB

Edwards Duncan Egbo

CB
Long Reyes Tarek Nealis (Egbo)

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Talented kid and hoping he excels here.

Drama has followed him, but doesn't seem to be too much in his control.
Chicago had apparently signed him to an HGP contract while he was in college but he ended up going back to Indiana much to many people's surprise. He wins the Hermann trophy. Turns down an HGP deal to go on trial at Rangers but signs with their rivals, Celtic a week after coming back. Celtic loans him to Nashville the same day he signs (they were still in USL but joining MLS the next year). Chicago gets MLS to stop the loan. Celtic loans him to Charlotte Independence instead. He's plays there until mid-summer, back to Celtic for preseason meanwhile Chicago trades his MLS rights to FC Cincinnati. Celtic loans him to FC Cincinnati since Gutman can't get the work permit to play there. Stays on loan for 2020. Loan expires at the end of 2020 but Gutman somehow gets left available for the Expansion Draft rather than return from loan. FC Cincinnati trades their #1 spot in the re-entry draft to Atlanta for $75k, who select Gutman. Gutman gets purchased from Celtic by Atlanta today, who immediately loan him to us for the season. Such a strange few years for the kid.

Normally I always say if there is a constant in a drama few years its on the constant but damn is that all unlucky.

I can just see it now: comes here starts 75% of the games looks solid enough. ATL doesnt want to sell to a rival, and more drama comes his way.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Normally I always say if there is a constant in a drama few years its on the constant but damn is that all unlucky.

I can just see it now: comes here starts 75% of the games looks solid enough. ATL doesnt want to sell to a rival, and more drama comes his way.

The constant was Chicago Fire.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

not going to make anyone forget about Kemar ...

Who?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Gutman in supplemental spot not on senior roster (spots 1-20) according to the MLS roster page.

Dont know how accurate because they have Luca Lewis as a senior roster player and both Tom Edwards and Fabio listed twice.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Gutman in supplemental spot not on senior roster (spots 1-20) according to the MLS roster page.

Dont know how accurate because they have Luca Lewis as a senior roster player and both Tom Edwards and Fabio listed twice.

Oddly enough MLS's website has been one of the least reliable resources for that stuff, they are constantly wrong

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Oddly enough MLS's website has been one of the least reliable resources for that stuff, they are constantly wrong

They once had listed Aurelien Collin as on loan for months while he was starting for us. Red Bulls media relations advised what they see and what the public sees is wildly different.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
biggest upgrade potentially from Pendant and Gutman just based on 2020 is passing accuracy (80% to 69%) and dribbles completed/90 (1.45 to 0.72)

In theory he should offer more going forward and is a better fit if they want to play the 3-5-2 with wingbacks

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If he's a senior roster player, we are at 20, full capacity. If he's part of the supplemental roster, he'd take the 9th spot out of 10 available places, 19 on the senior roster. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

#5, according to the official roster.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

#5, according to the official roster.

We didn't retire that number?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

We didn't retire that number?

They tried but Armando insisted they let future players wear it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users