40 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Not exactly the most inspiring signing but a veteran who knows Struber and his systems is a reasonable midseason emergency acquisition to plug a hole. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I mean gotta get a CB in here at all costs. We're keeping it together for now but I'm sure I'm not the only one scared shitless when Reyes is on the pitch

You are not and competition is a wonderful thing.

Dont know much about this guy but seems like hes experienced, has a good relationship with our current manager, and doesnt appear to have any significant injury history.

Checks all the boxes for our current predicament. At the very very least hes a capable backup thats not in our long term plans.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

i dont believe this rumor but i would be happy with the signing if true.  i know they said no stopgaps but this is the definition of a good stopgap signing.  Knows the system, and experienced so he should be able to slide in comfortably

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Not exactly the most inspiring signing but a veteran who knows Struber and his systems is a reasonable midseason emergency acquisition to plug a hole. 

as of a few days ago Barnsley fans were talking of him as a potential captain

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
I love a veteran signing on a u23 team.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I guess this would be like an acquisition similar to Rza. We get a veteran guy who knows the ropes somewhat, can hopefully integrate sooner rather than later with the guys. He can start or be a sub which would then push Tarek further down the depth chart. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Bkyoungboss

Bkyoungboss

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
I was asking around about him and the information I got was pretty good people said he was a very good, intelligent & passionate footballer

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Can he yell, "The bridge is out"

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Looks like Sollbauer very recently followed the team and Royer (fellow Austrian) on Instagram. Seems like this has legs.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
If we are going on IG follows then there are some strong links (followed Eibler and Coronel somewhat recently, also follows Strubers daughter?)

Hes been linked to the 2. Bundesliga, so I guess well see

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

If we are going on IG follows then there are some strong links (followed Eibler and Coronel somewhat recently, also follows Strubers daughter?)

Hes been linked to the 2. Bundesliga, so I guess well see

follows his daughter and wife hes played for ever top division team Struber has managed

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

I guess a loan/buy for 18 months, tops? But he's an int'l, so...somebody's got to go, I think?

Im fine with this as a short term bandaid and Im sure theyll figure out the international part. They have practice at this after all.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Im fine with this as a short term bandaid and Im sure theyll figure out the international part. They have practice at this after all.

We have dead weight. That or someone needs to earn their paycheck by bending MLS rules.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

As much as we all know we needed a solid CB addition, I never gave us more than a 50/50 shot of getting anyone other than maybe a reserves squad promotion.   Spending money on a healthy (knock on wood) 31 year old who knows knows the system and our coach?     This is good as I could have hoped for.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Not so fast!

https://www.barnsley...to-oakwell-exit

Michael Sollbauer is set to leave Barnsley FC as the defender is keen to be closer to his family in Austria.

The 31-year-old centre-back joined the Reds in January last year, but has spent most of that time away from his wife and young son during the Covid-19 pandemic.

He is expected to join a club closer to home in the coming days.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users