• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

And Thelwell too.  The whole team stinks.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Misplaced. Our owner is shit.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
Won't fix our ownership.

#RedBullOut

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

I would still say that the largest problems with this organization are:

1. Red Bull

2. MdG

3. Struber

4. Thelwell

You could convince me to switch 3/4.

I would not be disappointed to see Struber go, but until we have actual cash flowing into the starting XI, we're never going to be better than a borderline playoff team.  MLS of 2021 is an entirely different beast than 2013, 2015, or 2018.

And before the usual apologists come in, Miami and Cincy being a complete dumpster fire with their money is no excuse for us to not spend. We have the richest ownership in the league with (arguably) the largest scouting infrastructure. We can spend well, and Red Bull does spend well at their other clubs. There's just no desire from ownership to do it here.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
I dont think he will be the solution, but the problems run much much deeper than head coach at this point

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers
The Thelwell halftime interview was pretty insane. I would post that room on fire meme. Never seen such outright complacency during the entire Red Bull ownership.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
2m transfer for a coach. Cant run him out of town yet, Im waiting for the game changing tactics.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I was impressed with how he started the season, excited to see how the team would look when he got to work on the offense. Several months later, I'm still waiting for him to get to work on the offense... Totally bereft of ways to create chances other than lumping it to Fabio and hoping the opposing defense makes a boneheaded mistake. Literally the same plan my JV soccer coach had when our team sucked other than one all-state striker.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

The Thelwell halftime interview was pretty insane. I would post that room on fire meme. Never seen such outright complacency during the entire Red Bull ownership.

Dont know if the team will post it but I saw that he pointed at how young the team is.

Ok, and? Thats a choice that was made by you and/or a Red Bull directive. If the team is intended to always be young, does that mean its never intended to win?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

If the team is intended to always be young, does that mean its never intended to win?

Yes.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

And Thelwell too.  The whole team stinks.

Finally someone else gets it. Thelwell is incompetent pile of dog shit, and we have a better coach on the staff than Struber already in Bradley. Even garbage coach Armas was fired for less.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Misplaced. Our owner is shit.

That may be true about owners, but they did open up the wallet this season to get a 2 mil $ coach, 5 mil transfer and 1 mil per year for DP, and more spend for other players. Yes, they should do even more, but the spend increased from last year, when we made play-offs. So while ownership does suck, I don't see how GM/Coach blame is misplaced, when we are doing way worse than last year with more spend.

Sure owners are shit, but so are the GM and coach.

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

Thelwell the :)+ is the one that should fired in midseason for he put this bad team together.  Usually I believe firing a coach will  in midseason will not solve problem for team. If we miss the playoffs then he should be let go :cheers:

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

Shep & gang should stop talking and promoting how great Kamala. Fabio & Barlow are. They have failed to live up to expectations.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
We paid $2M for him. If Jorgensen proved anything it's that you can be one of the worst, if not THE worst, and keep your job if they spent that much on you.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users