JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Shep & gang should stop talking and promoting

They like their jobs.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Shep & gang should stop talking and promoting how great Kamala. Fabio & Barlow are. They have failed to live up to expectations.

Shep was at least rightfully critical of the midfield last night. He's been harping on Clark specifically for a few weeks for not being an orchestrator in the #10 role, as if that has ever, even for the briefest moment, been part of his skill set. This time he included the entire group in his criticism, Wiki especially for constantly holding the ball way too long before making a pass.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers
Shep is one of the least homer color guys in the league and I listen to a lot of them as I watch all the games on ESPN +.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I know emotions are running high, but seriously at what point should this guy be on the chopping block? I mean a play-off miss for the first time in a decade or so should be it? Not to mention he fucked up last year's play off game too by not playing the best players he had and having team unprepared at the start of both halves.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
I'd be genuinely shocked if they even consider firing him before the end of next year. Partially because they're clearly writing 2021 off as a rebuild year, and partially because they're not gonna give up on a $2M investment that soon.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Multiple former players have stated this team is a mess and the philosophy of running players into the ground (and not winning) is taking years off players' careers. No free agents are coming here.

Last week I saw this on Twitter: "What's a job that you can consistently be wrong and not get fired?" and my retweet was "Sporting Director - New York Red Bulls" which had two very recent former players send me a DM in agreement "Bro, you have no idea how true this is" and the other with a laughing emoji and "yep". Two others 'liked' it.

Then you have Sacir Hot who has been VERY close to this organization and academy over the past few years calling it like it is.
https://twitter.com/...1457443841?s=19
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Multiple former players have stated this team is a mess and the philosophy of running players into the ground (and not winning) is taking years off players' careers. No free agents are coming here.

Last week I saw this on Twitter: "What's a job that you can consistently be wrong and not get fired?" and my retweet was "Sporting Director - New York Red Bulls" which had two very recent former players send me a DM in agreement "Bro, you have no idea how true this is" and the other with a laughing emoji and "yep". Two others 'liked' it.

Then you have Sacir Hot who has been VERY close to this organization and academy over the past few years calling it like it is.

Respect to Hot. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Impossible to tell how much of the problem is Struber. How much input on player signings does he have? Regardless, if I was him Id pissed. He left a Championship club to coach these guys? The guy that took the job he left for the Championship for is now at Salzburg, coaching actual professional soccer players.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
Wow from Sacir and he is right
Please leave Shep and steve alone they are announcers and fans - they try to speak positively but also call it out when not goingthat well

Big big problem with Thiewell Struber Klimala Yearwood and Harper
Thiewell too many misses
Struber too rigid

I dont want to hear about the cap or money as RBG has money

And Amaya who is not looking like a 1M transfer are all Or Harper
Injury bug hurt Vet leadership

Worse thing is basically standing pat during summer and brining in Kaku Sims level replacement - Kaku high quality 10 - sims is Championship level attacker - we dont have that

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Impossible to tell how much of the problem is Struber. How much input on player signings does he have? Regardless, if I was him Id pissed. He left a Championship club to coach these guys? The guy that took the job he left for the Championship for is now at Salzburg, coaching actual professional soccer players.

That guy also took the team that Struber left as the last in the standings with 1 point in four games, and IMMEDIATELY went on a long unbeaten streak and turned it around to top 5. In the meantime Struber failed in play-offs  last year and is on track to the worst Metro showing in 12 years this year. Granted, Thelwell didn't exactly help either, and holds even more blame than Struber, but I'd say he needs to be pissed at himself.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

I thought this might get bad even last year to be honest when Thenwell didn't replace Sims and Struber's utter incompetence during play-offs created a WTF moment, but I didn't think of a point of running players into the ground. No wonder Kaku left on the first plane out even while under contract. But to hear this from actual players (4 of them!!!) is EXTREMELY disheartening.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Technically Hamlett is still the sporting director. What capacity he has to actually influence decisions in the team is unknown. I think we were all hopeful that his role would become obsolete with Thelwell in place, but I wonder if he still holds more influence than he should.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Technically Hamlett is still the sporting director. What capacity he has to actually influence decisions in the team is unknown. I think we were all hopeful that his role would become obsolete with Thelwell in place, but I wonder if he still holds more influence than he should.

Well hes still here and were still getting worse so

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Dying to know who the players were that agreed with the post. Wonder if any players check these boards, maybe only in good times.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
Struber is a Red Bull project. I honestly dont even think they care if he has success with the club. He will be promoted away to Salzburg or Leipzig in a year or two. How does RBG not see that their club in the NY Metro area can become their most valuable if they gave it just a fraction of the attention they give to their European clubs? I mean, Leipzig is no NYC. At the current rate Queensboro FC will outdraw NYRB next year. And forget it if NYCFC wins MLS Cup this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users