23 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Any update anyone has heard on Long's injury? I sort of recall there was a slight chance of him being available if ny made it super deep in playoffs. 

Wondering for the metro, but also I felt he had a shot for the WC team prior to the injury. Rooting for him to make that happen. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
On Instagram, he was walking on two feet and standing. So that's a good sign.

I just dont want him to rush it. We need him healthy for the usmnt and rbny.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Any update anyone has heard on Long's injury? I sort of recall there was a slight chance of him being available if ny made it super deep in playoffs. 

Wondering for the metro, but also I felt he had a shot for the WC team prior to the injury. Rooting for him to make that happen. 

I personally think him coming back for both Metro and MNT is a Long shot (no pun intended) this year. I feel that if the chips fall in our favor and we get into the playoffs, we should not rush him in and play playoff soccer. But I havent heard anything on how he is healing so only the doctors, team and him know. I think his best shot for WC squad is coming in next year in the final stages of qualifiers. Hope he gets on squad and kills it.

LONG LIVE METRO

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

if ny made it super deep in playoffs.  

Lol

They did show him on one of the MSG broadcasts recently doing some light training though.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Which reminds me, while exiting the stadium after a home game there was this short and really portly guy with a tight jersey #33 in front of me. I chuckled thinking the name on the back should be Wide

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts

Which reminds me, while exiting the stadium after a home game there was this short and really portly guy with a tight jersey #33 in front of me. I chuckled thinking the name on the back should be Wide

lol thats funny

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now and someone sent a similar question to Seeing Red this week.

Do we see Long play for us again? I think he's a better CB than Nealis or Reyes, but with one of the best defenses in the league, is now the time to go ahead and offload him?

Dont think there's anyone in Europe who will drop 5-10M anymore, but I bet we could get a shitload of GAM from someone. I'm specifically looking at Charlotte, who start next year and have a ton of monopoly money to spend.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now and someone sent a similar question to Seeing Red this week.

Do we see Long play for us again? I think he's a better CB than Nealis or Reyes, but with one of the best defenses in the league, is now the time to go ahead and offload him?

Dont think there's anyone in Europe who will drop 5-10M anymore, but I bet we could get a shitload of GAM from someone. I'm specifically looking at Charlotte, who start next year and have a ton of monopoly money to spend.

If this season showed us anything it's that you need multiple CBs and rotation is good when you can afford it. Struber also likes to use 3 CB formations sometimes, too. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

There is no guarantee hes the same player he was before this injury. We need to keep that in mind.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

This club can be cold blooded but I think he's more than earned a fair chance to return to fitness/form and win his spot back.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Edwards and Gutman have been versatile as outside CBs in a 3 back system, but theres a big question whether 1 or both will be here next season.

Traditional CBs on the roster are Nealis, Reyes, Monzon, and Drame. Without Long theres questionable depth that we havent seen play behind Nealis and Reyes. Know this season had a lot of concurrent CB injuries, still think its a risk to sell Long unless they are going to retain Gutman/Edwards or bring in a cheaper 5th CB.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Keep Long at least until the summer.

If Reyes and Nealis continue to progress, Monzon and/or Drame look legit, and we retain Edwards and Gutman for emergency cover, then find any Euro team still willing to pay a transfer fee and let Long finally have his chance to play there.

But for me that's too many caveats to be comfortable shipping him over the winter.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts

Keep Long at least until the summer.

If Reyes and Nealis continue to progress, Monzon and/or Drame look legit, and we retain Edwards and Gutman for emergency cover, then find any Euro team still willing to pay a transfer fee and let Long finally have his chance to play there.

But for me that's too many caveats to be comfortable shipping him over the winter.

no one will pay to buy long after his injury.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

This club can be cold blooded but I think he's more than earned a fair chance to return to fitness/form and win his spot back.

They'll need to show he can still play if they want to get any value for him.    Show he's healthy in the spring, sell him in the summer.    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
At this point we might as well keep him and hope he has a strong world cup showing. It's the only way we'll be able to get any sort of meaningful transfer fee for him. I think realistically RBNY held him for too long similar to Kaku, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users