acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

Thank god for Nealis though.

Best individual performance of the season for us?  Would have to think about it, but it might get my vote.  He was effing awesome tonight.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Clearly, the locker room fodder from this board has pumped up the players so let’s keep it going. “The Red Bulls fucking suck. They aren’t going to make the playoffs and they are just a training program for other leagues. They aren’t worth the saliva to spit on the ground.”

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Miguel Berry in the post game interview saying that they are the much better team.... Smh they lost so idk, especially with the all time series being in Metro's favor albeit by one win i believe

Lmao what a clown they should have been blown out tonight if not for Klimala and Wiki missing sitters.

A few other quick thoughts:

Yearwood continues his strong form. He's finally learned to use his body to win the ball without getting a yellow in the process, and he's really good at it. Although watching him run full speed at Nagbe in the open field on a yellow card was a terrifying experience.

Fabio is a good player but not an attacking mid.

It's nice having such a versatile defensive group. This may be the first time I've ever seen a team switch from 5 in the back to 4 and then back to 5 in one game.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yearwood was excellent tonight... other than that lunge.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Holy shit what a win, this team keeps surprising us. We didn't think we were even gonna make the playoffs and now they are in a hunt to possibly host a playoff game, absolutely wild.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
20 out of 24 possible points taken during the unbeaten streak. Not too shabby.

I think Reyes and Nealis won all aerial duels. The pair is playing really solid together.

The amount of space that Davis and Yearwood cover is insane. Unfortunately the only team they lost track of Zelerayan it led to their goal.

Nice team work keeping Nagbe under control. Favio spent quite a bit of effort pressuring him. Unheralded work on his part.

I do not know what is in the water in Venezuela but Caceres and Carmona are so physically strong. Cant wait for Wiki to work on his decision making in the final third over the winter break

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I do not know what is in the water in Venezuela but Caceres and Carmona are so physically strong. 

They can prob throw 90 mph fastballs. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I do not know what is in the water in Venezuela but Caceres and Carmona are so physically strong. Cant wait for Wiki to work on his decision making in the final third over the winter break

Guineo/plantains

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
Yearwood has really turned into a serious player. He's a big reason for this success.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Guineo/plantains

Cassava/yuca too

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Yearwood has really turned into a serious player. He's a big reason for this success.

agreed.  as we all knew from the Tyler days, pair Sean Davis with a good athletic CM partner and you can control games in the middle. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Ok now that I've had 12 hours to enjoy the win I'd like to address the elephant in the room here.

Klimala, buddy, what the actual fuck was all of that?! I spend all week saying that as long as he finds a few chances for himself each game he can be a decent overall goalscorer. So of course he goes and wastes a sitter from the edge of the 6 yard box, misses the frame entirely on his penalty, then fakes an injury after an embarrassing attempt to beat a defender 1v1 in the box where he would have had a free shot.

That's a scary performance for a guy who you will have to rely on to finish those chances in a high pressure playoff game.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Ok now that I've had 12 hours to enjoy the win I'd like to address the elephant in the room here.

Klimala, buddy, what the actual fuck was all of that?! I spend all week saying that as long as he finds a few chances for himself each game he can be a decent overall goalscorer. So of course he goes and wastes a sitter from the edge of the 6 yard box, misses the frame entirely on his penalty, then fakes an injury after an embarrassing attempt to beat a defender 1v1 in the box where he would have had a free shot.

That's a scary performance for a guy who you will have to rely on to finish those chances in a high pressure playoff game.

Didnt see much of the match so cant comment on this specifically, but his feet have always looked a bit clunky. He blew the chances that fell to him, but hes not exactly a guy you want to have to dribble or create chances for others. Hopefully he improves some aspects of his game over the offseason.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

And you didn't even mention that his assist was an attempt on goal which went perpendicularly to the direction he aimed it at.

Winning erases all worries, but he needs to do a lot better when he gets chances.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts
  • Supports:Metro

And you didn't even mention that his assist was an attempt on goal which went perpendicularly to the direction he aimed it at.

Winning erases all worries, but he needs to do a lot better when he gets chances.

the assist looked intentional to me not a miss hit shot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users