Kilmala at 1.1 million
Royer at 800k
Coronel at 512k
Diarra at 400k
Pendant 385
Jensen 364
Jorgenson 356
Egbo 310

Coronel is terrible spending? I agree with mostly every other player on that list maybe sans Klimala who has been starved for good service.

Everyone sans Klimala, Coronel, and Diarra predated Thelwell/Struber. Diarra will be back in Salzburg, and the other two are first XI players on this team.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

With how well he's progressed I'm good with Coronel at 512k, we're a little past the earlier days of MLS where you could go bargain shopping for keepers and just grab a pool keeper if needed without missing a beat.

Couldn't really care less about Klimala's salary, we already know he's a DP so 1.1M or 5M is all the same to me.

Just gotta hope that we have options to trim guys like Pendant, Jensen, Jorgensen, Egbo... Seen some suggest that those guys are still on guaranteed contract years in 2022 and moving them may not be simple.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Can you imagine the shitstorm we'd have put up if they cut Royer along with (or instead of) White?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Klimala is a DP, so whatever. Coronel has proven to be worth it.

What do Pendant, Jorgensen, Egbo, and Jensen have in common?

no_offseason.jpg

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

I thought we would have been dead last in spending....but the CRapids beat us somehow.....

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

The real crazy thing is that we are second to last in spending and paying like 40% of the payroll to players who never even play.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Another interesting thing is Houston gave Tim Parker the bag.  He is the 2nd highest paid CB in the league.  Dodged a bullet there

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
The Athletic has a good breakdown of the rosters and we are third from the bottom in salary. However, we are near the top in MLS in terms of points per dollar. Another juicy tidbit, five of the top ten spending clubs are having disastrous seasons and missing the playoffs altogether.

Spending a lot of money is not guarantee of success

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Of course, but spending little or none is unhelpful.
Some teams made major mid-season signings:
https://apnews.com/a...26a6efc23e87b38

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

2nd to last in spending. what a fucking embarrassment. A big reason why there's nobody at the games and we are irrelevant in this market. It shows a lack of ambition and effort to win MLS Cup.

If we were a small market team with a not-so-rich owner, OK that's fine. But this is New York and we have have one of the richest owners in ALL OF FOOTBALL. There is no excuse for this. 

I cannot for the life of me understand some of these people on twitter who are such Red Bull apologists that they are actually defending this and bragging that we have a good Points Earned/Money Spent ratio. That's great, but why wouldn't you want Red Bull to spend more? Why would that be a bad thing?!!! And then they will point out Miami or Toronto as "proof" that spending money doesn't equal better results. "These teams spend their money in a shitty way, therefore we shouldn't spend money". Smh what a dumb argument.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

The Athletic has a good breakdown of the rosters and we are third from the bottom in salary. However, we are near the top in MLS in terms of points per dollar. Another juicy tidbit, five of the top ten spending clubs are having disastrous seasons and missing the playoffs altogether.

Does it increase your chances at success? (You don't have to answer this, the answer is obvious)

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

2nd to last in spending. what a fucking embarrassment. A big reason why there's nobody at the games and we are irrelevant in this market. It shows a lack of ambition and effort to win MLS Cup.

If we were a small market team with a not-so-rich owner, OK that's fine. But this is New York and we have have one of the richest owners in ALL OF FOOTBALL. There is no excuse for this. 

I cannot for the life of me understand some of these people on twitter who are such Red Bull apologists that they are actually defending this and bragging that we have a good Points Earned/Money Spent ratio. That's great, but why wouldn't you want Red Bull to spend more? Why would that be a bad thing?!!! And then they will point out Miami or Toronto as "proof" that spending money doesn't equal better results. "These teams spend their money in a shitty way, therefore we shouldn't spend money". Smh what a dumb argument.

We don't spend money, and the little money we spend we spend in a shitty way

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Does it increase your chances at success? (You don't have to answer this, the answer is obvious)

Miami and Toronto would say no

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

Miami and Toronto would say no

No they wouldn't.   

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users