188 replies to this topic

AHighBlackman

AHighBlackman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Supports: Metro! - USMNT -

I really hope Hans trots out the same lineup, even if Tainio is healthy. Dax may not be the passer or tackler that Teemu is, but his work rate, the way he moves into space and shows for the ball, is a real plus that people don't seem to appreciate. (I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one.)

Dax took the ball off players feet multiple times without breaking stride, he worked well with rafa that's what you want so imo he should get the nod. Teemu cleans as a lateral sweeper at the bottom of the diamond in front of the back four. He rarely has touches in the attacking half. Conde will wave him off when Taino asks for the ball to his feet while only being a few yards away.
  •    Starting 11
  • ------ BWP ---------
  •   ------ SK ---------
  • - Grella ------ L.Sam ---
  • ----- Felipe - Dax ---------
  • Kemar -------------  Duvall
  •      Damien - M&M

Blood Diamond

4 - 3 - 3

4 - 2 - 3 - 1

@RaceCardUser

Instagram: blackmanjustin

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Montreal look pretty bad so far So I would expect even a Backe coached NY side should walk out of RBA with 3 points next week. Of course, Montreal has to get their first win sometime angainst someone and Metro has had a very shakey record against expansion sides in historically.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
I love what Dax did against Colorado, but I'd still rather Tainio out there... He's just a better player. In the little time they were healthy and played together, he and Marquez showed some chemistry there as well.

It's a good problem to have, and while Tainio brings NOTHING offensively, I still trust him in the other areas where he really brings something.

Here's to hoping they play with the same level of desperation and intensity.

What it comes down to for me though is that as long as we stay healthy, we are going to win a lot of games... Guys like Conde and Marquez at Dmid are extremely huge additions.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Montreal isn't very good and away from home I think they are very beatable. I'd prefer to see Tainio over Dax but wouldn't be upset if they stick with the same lineup. Mostly I think they have to avoid coming out flat and the rest will fall into place.

Good opportunity to string some wins together in the next month.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Dax - rafa may be are more offensive cm pairing. Save teemu for he road or vs stronger teams

5 year plan

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Good opportunity to string some wins together in the next month.

No question.

Schedule through April:

Montreal - Home
Columbus - Away
San Jose - Home
DC United - Away
New England - Home

We may have the easiest stretch of next 5 games as any team has in MLS. Really good opportunity to play catch up here.

Montreal and New England at home are sure fire opportunities to win.

Columbus and DC away can be tricky. Anything less than 2 points from those 2 matches would be a disappointment. I think this team can win at least 1 of those games.

San Jose is improved and we have a mixed history against them.

I think a goal for those 5 games is 10 points. 6 pts (Montreal, New England) 4 pts (Columbus, DC, and SJ).

13 points after 8 games played in league isn't monumental, but it certainly puts the team in a decent position a 1/4 of the way through the season.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
With only 1 win, we're in 4th place in the East.

4th.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

We are about to play 4 teams below us in the standings, no fucking way should we lose ANY points to any of those teams.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

With only 1 win, we're in 4th place in the East.

4th.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

We are about to play 4 teams below us in the standings, no fucking way should we lose ANY points to any of those teams.

New to this team? :lol:

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

No question.

Schedule through April:

Montreal - Home
Columbus - Away
San Jose - Home
DC United - Away
New England - Home

We may have the easiest stretch of next 5 games as any team has in MLS. Really good opportunity to play catch up here.

I won't call them must win games or any other hyperbolic statement, but you have to think
that this could end up being a very key part of our season. Strong results in these 5 games could give us a big leg up in the standings going into what is traditionally a very poor part of the season for us (summer months).

The east won't ahve too many run away teams this year. KC and maybe Chicago are posied to earn points, but beyond that the rest of the eact including us are shakey. Getting good points over teams relatively below us in the tables should provide some nice sepration.

Of course, the pesimist in me thinks NY will most likely get 5-7 points form these games and we will be in the log jam of mediocrity in the east again.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

New to this team? :lol:

<--------- please take a gander...

:blink:

:lol:

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I won't call them must win games or any other hyperbolic statement, but you have to think
that this could end up being a very key part of our season. Strong results in these 5 games could give us a big leg up in the standings going into what is traditionally a very poor part of the season for us (summer months).

The east won't ahve too many run away teams this year. KC and maybe Chicago are posied to earn points, but beyond that the rest of the eact including us are shakey. Getting good points over teams relatively below us in the tables should provide some nice sepration.

Of course, the pesimist in me thinks NY will most likely get 5-7 points form these games and we will be in the log jam of mediocrity in the east again.

Houston will be a tough out for most teams and I expect them to be in the hunt throughout the season.

But you're right, it's a good stretch of games with no international commitments where the quality of opponent is less. Points are there to be had and in all of 5 of those games a loss would be disappointing. Draws happen, but losses are tough.

With that said, a win against Montreal puts the team at 2-2 and a winning streak heading out to Columbus. Morale could be the difference in that type of game.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem
After watching the Columbus vs Montreal match, I think our injured list is going to be STACKED by the time we square off against San Jose. Battle of the Hacks that was...
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

After watching the Columbus vs Montreal match, I think our injured list is going to be STACKED by the time we square off against San Jose. Battle of the Hacks that was...

Well hopefully we have some luck with that and guys don't get injured... And hopefully a good ref.

As for the Colorado game, we won DESPITE that ref who was complete garbage. Constant calls going the other way.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

As for the Colorado game, we won DESPITE that ref who was complete garbage. Constant calls going the other way.

I actually think in the first half we avoided about 6 could-have-been yellow cards but in the second half he was atrocious. The no-call right outside of the 18 yard box was awful.

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls

Montreal look pretty bad so far So I would expect even a Backe coached NY side should walk out of RBA with 3 points next week. Of course, Montreal has to get their first win sometime angainst someone and Metro has had a very shakey record against expansion sides in historically.

this team is so metro have you notice...other teams new player gets his first with us or an expansion team get first win with us....the one i hate the most Freddy Adu getting his first MLS goal against us that still really hurts till now......
what just happen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users