iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

A. Please no.
B. Tolkin?

I find this very bizarre unless as you say Taxi is potentially moving on.

Our problem spot is RB. It looks like Duncan will cut it but its not certain and there should be injury concerns with him.

Kid will only be 17 next season, maybe they don't think he's ready for big time minutes in MLS yet?

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
With the loss of bwp and robles,we are still a playoff team with ALOT of cap space and 2 DP spots.

The foundation on this team is great. Hamlet needs to get us difference makers.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Shouldnt the priority be to get a RB? Murillo is done. Allegedly burned bridges so lets move the fuck on already. RB better not sell Lawrence or else 2020 will be the new X9 hex!!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Kid will only be 17 next season, maybe they don't think he's ready for big time minutes in MLS yet?

No argument there, but hes supposed to be the latest and greatest out of the academy.

Taxi is arguably the best LB in MLS whereas RB is the questionable position.

It doesnt make any sense unless Taxi isnt coming back.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Shouldnt the priority be to get a RB? Murillo is done. Allegedly burned bridges so lets move the fuck on already. RB better not sell Lawrence or else 2020 will be the new X9 hex!!

Duncan showed well late in the season, hopefully not having to cover at LB and not having Robles destroy his confidence will spur him on to a good season.

There is no point to hanging on to Murillo if hes just going to toil away on the bench, trade or sell him while he still retains some value. Doubt he makes it out of Armas doghouse

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Who would pay him at this point? If he were willing to play for cheap then RB would have just resigned a new contract.

Expansion teams have boatloads of funny money and are also terrible at making roster decisions. BWP Dax reunion in Nashville?
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts

Yeah, think Murillo is still a goner and that we'll be suffering with Buckmaster and Duncan next season.  Although Duncan has legit upside.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

With the loss of bwp and robles,we are still a playoff team with ALOT of cap space and 2 DP spots.

The foundation on this team is great. Hamlet needs to get us difference makers.

Not sure we are guaranteed a playoff spot as is. It does depend on the multiple starters that will (hopefully!) be signed at a handful of positions.

Also far from guaranteed to actually use those open DP spots or deploy the cap space well.

nymetrofan90

nymetrofan90

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

How much do we want to bet that the organization will let Brian White and Tom Barlow fight it out for the starting striker position and then in the summer, see if they need to bring in one?

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

How much do we want to bet that the organization will let Brian White and Tom Barlow fight it out for the starting striker position and then in the summer, see if they need to bring in one?

I'd throw Jorgensen into that mix as well.

I can't see them signing another striker since it will take minutes away from these young players. Red Bull's #1 priority is grooming talent for Salzburg/Leipzig/European sales.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

I was told Bradley feels highly disrespected at how the team treated him and handled his departure. He said Bradley was "shocked and disappointed" the team made no attempt at bringing him back.

He accepted he would not be the first choice forward, but thought he would be given another chance given his injury, but management treated him as if his injury wasn't the issue and his performances were. There split was not amicable and he doesn't plan to retire.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,771 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

the tweet specifically mentioned a striker/ctr fwd, winger and CDM. if they get a South American striker that plays internationally, they'll definitely need at least 2 strikers ready to go. imo, White and Barlow are fine as FWD 2 and 3. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I was told Bradley feels highly disrespected at how the team treated him and handled his departure. He said Bradley was "shocked and disappointed" the team made no attempt at bringing him back.

He accepted he would not be the first choice forward, but thought he would be given another chance given his injury, but management treated him as if his injury wasn't the issue and his performances were. There split was not amicable and he doesn't plan to retire.

Yikes, if true.

Offer him a lowball contract that he won't accept rather than go this route. Not a good way to treat a club legend.

Cant wait to see what contract he gets from another team if he stays in the league.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,427 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Interesting contrast to how Robles has handled this, especially when you consider how much less Robles was paid, and how much more he contributed.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,335 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Offer him a lowball contract that he won't accept.

He would still be unhappy with this treatment.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users