GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I am not saying he would or wouldn't..

I will. Viera has 0.00% chance to be a beast in MLS.

I have watched his games (when he plays) very closely over the past 3 years. He's shot.

In MLS, he would have the soccer intelligence over just about any player in the league and that would make him usefull. He knows where to be, can still make passes and is a threat in set pieces because of his size.

His legs are shot. He can't get upfield quick enough to join the attack and can't track fast guys enough to use his physical frame anymore.

He moved to Inter & Citeh on sheer reputation, and plays an occasional game when the coach throws him a bone.

At this point of his career, he can be a useful MLS player. Think of a guy who does the "little things" to help a team be better.

But in no way, shape or form can he be a beast in MLS. This is from actually watching him play.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
I don't think he's worth the DP slot or money... but I wouldn't discount what he can contribute that much. I think he could have a Blanco-esque impact on the field... would be great for a cut rate price, but if we're talking RBNY DP's, then I want slot 3 to go to someone 5-6 years younger, at least

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I don't think he's worth the DP slot or money... but I wouldn't discount what he can contribute that much. I think he could have a Blanco-esque impact on the field

I call bullshit. Blanco was one of the most exciting players in the league. People came out to watch him and he made each game he played in more exciting. He's one of those guys where you love to play with him, hate to play against him.

I don't see Viera with that kind of ability.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

JerseyFan

JerseyFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA

I call bullshit. Blanco was one of the most exciting players in the league. People came out to watch him and he made each game he played in more exciting. He's one of those guys where you love to play with him, hate to play against him.

Completely agree. Blanco was able to single-handedly change a game, even at his advanced age. Vieira isn't that kind of player, at least not anymore. As much as I couldn't stand him, he was exciting to watch (when he was on his feet at least).

AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

bullshit? yes, blanco was a "special" player in that he had flair and loads of personality, but thats not the point I was making. I'm comparing them in the sense that it's a player whose lost their pace, but still has the soccer knowledge and vision to compensate for it... Tugay at Rovers would be another example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users