• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I did not agree with his decision not to accompany the team to Chicago, but his disdain for the USOC is matched by the majority of our fan base, then and now.
http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=5730

Let's be honest, with a metropolitan area our size and only a 25,000 seat stadium it is sad that we don't get at least 20,000 to a game no matter who, when and what we are playing for.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Let's be honest, with a metropolitan area our size and only a 25,000 seat stadium it is sad that we don't get at least 20,000 to a game no matter who, when and what we are playing for.

I totally hear what youre say VOR. A long time ago, I stopped looking at it this way. This is a true NJ team based in Newark. The reality, weather anyone likes it or not, is that NJ doesnt support their teams all that super duper. The Nets and Devils has their NJ fan bases but even when the Devils were hot for 15-20 years, they werent selling out every game. Thats just the way it is for NJ sports teams.

Giants/Jets are completely different as they had their roots and fane bases in NY for a generation(s) and so many NYers and folks from Southern CT followed them there.

And.......RB did report that they averaged over 20,000 a game last year!!!!! LOL! Im hirong Harraby Lad to count the empty seats this season.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

20,000 would be nice.... meanwhile, we'll be luck to get 2,000 for this Champions League match

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users