202 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

easiest game for me to attend. 22 mins via the 4 train, 30 mins via B/D. slightly shorter trip duration-wise than going to RBA by about 15 mins. only easier trip would be if RB2 kept playing at Columbia. Cosmos B are there now. 

Easiest for me, as well. I have the same commute via the 4 from my office. 

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I hate watching pro soccer on that postage stamp of a field- takes so much of the flow, beauty, and possession out of the game. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Rochester Rhinos, USMNT

it is sooo much easier for me to get from Connecticut to Yankee stadium vs NJ.

Just take the Metro North to Harlem 125th and then a quick subway ride.. oh well :(

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

I hate watching pro soccer on that postage stamp of a field- takes so much of the flow, beauty, and possession out of the game. 

Not only that it just looks like putrid shit. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,201 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

what'll their XI look like then? my guess, given the last 3 games they've played.

Villa Berget Tajouri-Shradi

Ring Morales Ofori

Sweat Chanot Ibeagha Tinnerholm

Johnson

Callens Cateshanos Medina out due to injuries, and Matarrita for that stupid red card against Philly. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Metro..."

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Anyone doing the viewing party at Smithfield?

Was planning on getting Tix today now they are cheap but may change mind.  Would rather go to game but might bail.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Easy for me to get there (20 minutes on the B) but way longer to get home (2 hours+).    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Seems it's just me but I don't feel good about tonight's match up, I forsee another ugly game with few goals and a loss for the good guys.

We will get to see what armas has learned on the job so far with this being a rematch of his first game in charge where he didn't look very good with his tactics and in game management. This is not a playoff do or die game but it kinda feels like it and I'm looking forward to being pleasantly surprised.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I think we get our first tie in this series tonight.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,991 posts

Yeah, don't know what to think about tonight's game.  We drew last game but played pretty well.  Hartford hasn't looked too good in the last few.  They beat Toronto but barely pulled it off after Toronto took an early red.  Then Philly beat up on them.

Big game towards eventually getting that bye, so hopefully we pull it off.

Again think we see mostly starters.  Will be good to see Rza back.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Seems it's just me but I don't feel good about tonight's match up, I forsee another ugly game with few goals and a loss for the good guys.

We will get to see what armas has learned on the job so far with this being a rematch of his first game in charge where he didn't look very good with his tactics and in game management. This is not a playoff do or die game but it kinda feels like it and I'm looking forward to being pleasantly surprised.

They also have Villa this time, who's been looking good since coming back. I think they're missing people at the back, so hopefully we can capitalize. I can see it being quite high-scoring, actually, with us missing Murillo as well.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Again think we see mostly starters. 

We had better see starters. This is the biggest game of the season so far.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

on the blue forums, the general sentiment seems to be negative about this game.  i wonder how much of that is a function of their loss vs philly.  i hope we prove them right

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts

We had better see starters. This is the biggest game of the season so far.

RB2 will make debut at the baseball field tonight!@

Of course why wouldn't we see starters.

COME ON YOU RED BULLS

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I'm expecting a draw. And that's not a bad result. NYCFC is really good at home, 10-0-2.

That being said, I'm not sure what other tactical wrinkles they can throw into their game. Last time, they had Morales floating from sideline to sideline, finding pockets where, then getting the ball hoofed up to him, with everybody racing into the attack. It works as well as it does in part because the field is so tiny. But I don't know what the hell else they can do that's going to surprise us.

it is sooo much easier for me to get from Connecticut to Yankee stadium vs NJ.

Just take the Metro North to Harlem 125th and then a quick subway ride.. oh well :(

Eventually -- I estimate a century from now and not likely sooner -- when East Side Access is done, the MTA will start running Metro-North trains into Penn Station, making the trip to RBA exponentially easier. And maybe they'll even run direct trains to Newark...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users