115 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,618 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The bar's been raised, a few years ago other teams (from smaller markets no less) weren't regularly plunking down 5x the number we paid for Yearwood

Can't speak for others but Jorgensen also completely burned me out on the ~$2M teenage signings. I probably shouldn't let bust from a guy no longer trusted to make signings get to me, but can't shake it.

~$2M teenage signings are great, but you need 5 or 6 of them and hope 2 or 3 turn out useful, and one becomes a star.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,422 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

nice to see us doing something.

This is what we are reduced to.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

~$2M teenage signings are great, but you need 5 or 6 of them and hope 2 or 3 turn out useful, and one becomes a star.   

And it's been said here before, but bears repeating: you aren't getting value for money if you're spending that money on players in England.

If Yearwood was Swedish with a similar resume, how much would he cost? $250,000, maybe half a million?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,115 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Doyle:

Between Jorgensen, Jensen, Egbo & Yearwood you've got to give #RBNY
credit for copying the 2018 Colorado Rapids approach to roster building that proved so successful.

He has a point...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

They very deliberately worded everything to avoid implying he's expected to make an immediate impact.      I can understand being cautious after the hype they  gave Matty Ice, but  a 7-figure international DP HAS to be expected to make an immediate impact.

not in harrison

I think the guy will be good for us with whatever kind of season we have.

Now we just have to wait for the transfer papers and all that so right on target for March 2021?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
Where does this guy fit? Whose going to the bench?

Do you bench the captain and let 2 twenty year olds run around in the midfield? Give up on CCJ?

Or bench Kaku, royer, or valot?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Where does this guy fit? Whose going to the bench?

Do you bench the captain and let 2 twenty year olds run around in the midfield? Give up on CCJ?

Or bench Kaku, royer, or valot?

um captains do NOT have to be lock starters even if you don't like it. 

Yearwood is brough in to compete for CM role and it is called competition and works well at most top level clubs.

CCJ is still developing. CCJ may transfer in the winter

Royer will likely come off bench next year or be released

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

um captains do NOT have to be lock starters even if you don't like it. 

Yearwood is brough in to compete for CM role and it is called competition and works well at most top level clubs.

CCJ is still developing. CCJ may transfer in the winter

Royer will likely come off bench next year or be released

yeah it doesnt matter who exactly is replaced and it will probably be a mix.  You can't be a "big club" without at minimum 3 CMs who are capable of playing at a good level on their day (Dru hopefully is better than that).

Royer signed his multiyear extension in April 2018, so going off of our usual 3 year deal like we did for Brad, Parker, etc. it should expire after 2021.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

yeah it doesnt matter who exactly is replaced and it will probably be a mix.  You can't be a "big club" without at minimum 3 CMs who are capable of playing at a good level on their day (Dru hopefully is better than that).

Royer signed his multiyear extension in April 2018, so going off of our usual 3 year deal like we did for Brad, Parker, etc. it should expire after 2021.  

thanks.

Aren't contracts usually 2 (2.5) + 1 + 1 - the 1 are either club, mutual consent or player options depending on contract   Are extension different?

joined Aug 2016 presumably on 2/5 and then extension depends on structure.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
YDP is just a designation but it still carries some weight of expectation.

Hes 20, played at a decently high level in England, and needs to get minutes after being blocked at Brentford and playing with their B team most of the year.

Hopefully he gets a lot of minutes and every chance to affect games in a position that has struggled since Tyler left to provide what RBNY needs to be successful

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

quite a comprehensive write up

https://www.onceamet...ut-dru-yearwood

described as tough 2019 2020 with some starts stops and path blocked by players having excellent season and so was the team

models play after Kante and Makelle - no mention of Adams though..

Sounds like a good 8 I

say he replaces Davis and Davis rotates into lineup and moves to CB.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users