126 replies to this topic

Metrosct

Metrosct

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

That's not news - they put that deal in place to discourage (or, at least, make $ from) Chivas supporters.  STH's can buy single game tix.

I understand why they might want to discourage a large, pro-Chivas contingent - but that is going to happen anyway.  I'm a former season ticket holder and check in daily for any news regarding the team.  Why discourage me from purchasing tickets?  I went to the Tijuana game and try to get to as many games as possible.  But with kids, I can never seem to determine whether I can make a particular game until the week of.  As such, I don't want to purchase tickets - particularly at a price point of $64 per seat for the upper deck.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Just shows what this fo cares about and it's not their fans or even their team who won't be playing in front of a sold out arena because getting tickets is like a mission impossible or requires over $100 which most fickle fans in the area won't pay. Even for me who hates rb it was a surprise that they would choose to go this route.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
4 coke & prawn seats up for grabs for the game tomorrow night. Ping me. Family stuff keeping me from going, and Id like them to get used.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Even for me who hates rb it was a surprise that they would choose to go this route.

I wasn't surprised.  I would be surprised if they did any marketing at all. 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

I think single game tickets are available for tomorrow on ticketmaster now but it looks like the cheapest is $100.  

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

I am looking for an extra ticket for tomorrow. Just got the time. Want to be there to make some noise in 101! (Would take a ticket anywhere in the house and work my way in.)

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I think single game tickets are available for tomorrow on ticketmaster now but it looks like the cheapest is $100.  

There are seats on Stubhub going for $50 (before fees), for anyone still looking. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'll probably have an extra, in 128.  No way I'd risk selling to a Chivas supporter.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

There's going to be such a huge price crash for these tickets on Stubhub today.  The tickets were at like $80 this morning, and $100 as of yesterday, with tons of unsold tickets. The resellers should have just priced their tickets appropriately from the start.  I mentioned earlier in the thread that something like $50-$60 would have been a fair price.  Now they will have to sell for less than that due to people undercutting each other.  

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

There's going to be such a huge price crash for these tickets on Stubhub today.  The tickets were at like $80 this morning, and $100 as of yesterday, with tons of unsold tickets. The resellers should have just priced their tickets appropriately from the start.  I mentioned earlier in the thread that something like $50-$60 would have been a fair price.  Now they will have to sell for less than that due to people undercutting each other.  

I see maybe 1,100 tix on stubhub.  That's not a lot, really,   I'm sure some thought they'd make it rich off these like the Peru game, but its difficult to guess these things.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

I see maybe 1,100 tix on stubhub.  That's not a lot, really,   I'm sure some thought they'd make it rich off these like the Peru game, but its difficult to guess these things.

While it's not a lot, it's more than any other rb home game coming up. There were 1800 last week. Either way hope the place is packed and we all know it won't be and it's a shame.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

While it's not a lot, it's more than any other rb home game coming up. There were 1800 last week. Either way hope the place is packed and we all know it won't be and it's a shame.

Oh I think the place will be packed.  Just with mostly Chivas fans.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

That's because 90% of SH tickets available each week are from STH's.  Half of these are upper deck speculative purchases

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Just show up!!!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Just show up!!!

OMW... quick stop at the Patriot for luck and I'll see all y'all there.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users