You're not wrong, Ives. You're just an a**hole.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

If Red Bulls had a clue, they would have backed up the bank truck to bring Lagerwey to RBNY. Would be perfect for their “new approach”.

https://twitter.com/...690321268154368

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If Red Bulls had a clue, they would have backed up the bank truck to bring Lagerwey to RBNY. Would be perfect for their “new approach”.

https://twitter.com/...690321268154368

d-bag air quotes...

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Ives has been bitter since he started covering more than just the Red Bulls. At one point, we all liked him because of how much insight he gave us and how great he was for getting news.

There were rumors out there that he leaked a story far too early so the Red Bulls cut him off with any insights and he has held a grudge ever since.

He still gets the scoop pretty quickly and breaks a lot of news before any others (must have been about 20 minutes after he broke the Kenny Cooper to Red Bulls before anyone else confirmed it). I respect his path and understand his frustrations with the club.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Who is this Ives that people speak of?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Met the dude a couple of times in AC before I was even a season ticket holder.  Once playing poker and the other time at the Pool in Harrahs.  Lil Jon was on stage pouring shots for people.

Fun times but he is a dick when it comes to the Red Bulls. Wasn't Juan Carlos Osorio his big connection to the team?

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Met the dude a couple of times in AC before I was even a season ticket holder.  Once playing poker and the other time at the Pool in Harrahs.  Lil Jon was on stage pouring shots for people.

Fun times but he is a dick when it comes to the Red Bulls. Wasn't Juan Carlos Osorio his big connection to the team?

Yeah that sounds correct.

Ives is actually pretty smart when it comes to soccer but he definitely goes out of his way to take shots at this team. Also he's barely relevant in the media world anymore. What was the last story he broke or was even right on?

Section133

Section133

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Why are you guys reading any sarcasm into that tweet???!?!?!  You guys are bizarre sometimes.  

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

Why are you guys reading any sarcasm into that tweet???!?!?!  You guys are bizarre sometimes.  

I agree. I'm just not seeing it. I fail to see where Ives is being a "asshole" here. 

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Ives has been bitter since he started covering more than just the Red Bulls. At one point, we all liked him because of how much insight he gave us and how great he was for getting news.

There were rumors out there that he leaked a story far too early so the Red Bulls cut him off with any insights and he has held a grudge ever since.

He still gets the scoop pretty quickly and breaks a lot of news before any others (must have been about 20 minutes after he broke the Kenny Cooper to Red Bulls before anyone else confirmed it). I respect his path and understand his frustrations with the club.

Oh, so THAT'S what actually happened. I thought it was because they removed him from the buffet table or he woke up on the wrong side of the bed since his birth. But that's just me. 

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

ukraine76

ukraine76

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I know I am in the minority, but I like Ives (don't know him as a person) and go on sbisoccer.com 5 times a day at least. Excellent place to get relevant soccer news and interesting comments. Interestingly enough, some people there accuse him of being an RBNY homer. To me, it sounds like he is pretty neutral. He covers MLS, but is not anti or pro any particular team.

I don't see anything wrong with the tweet about Lagerwey. I fully agree with it. Instead of a guy with a proven great track record, we are just going to have "a guy".

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats
Who is Lagerway? Never heard of the guy.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Personal grudges aside, from what I've been reading about this, it's not like Lagerway already had his mind made up well before RBNY even considered him in the running for the job. This tweet sounds nothing more than sour grapes to me.

And all credit to Seattle FO, they just beat everyone to the table with an offer he couldn't refuse. The big club just got bigger and maybe better.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Yeah that sounds correct.

Ives is actually pretty smart when it comes to soccer but he definitely goes out of his way to take shots at this team. Also he's barely relevant in the media world anymore. What was the last story he broke or was even right on?

Ives covers USMNT and EPL/Yanks Abroad more so no than MLS or Red Bulls. His underling Franco Panizo usually breaks RB stuff. 

letaureaurouge

letaureaurouge

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

He's damaging his reputation by letting his grievance bleed into his analysis. Hard to take him seriously on RBNY matters that aren't simply facts because of his inclination to want to jab the club. And then one wonders what other clubs or individuals have slighted him and how that affects his coverage of them.

Section133

Section133

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Personal grudges aside, from what I've been reading about this, it's not like Lagerway already had his mind made up well before RBNY even considered him in the running for the job. This tweet sounds nothing more than sour grapes to me.

You are assuming that RBNY had any plans whatsoever for him.    What are you basing your claim on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users