122 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Still believe that was on Petke... He didn't think much of Perinelle and we went with Sekagya instead.  Sekagya wasn't trash, but he was error prone and not as good as Perinelle.  I'm certain we do more damage in the playoffs that season if the move was made to Perinelle.

My point was there's no way anybody knew what DP was going into 2015.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Do you remember how many minutes DP played the season before he paired with Miazga? Not many. There was definite trepidation going with Zubar (who had a lowlight reel of his errors), DP that could get on the field at all the year before, and Miazga that rode pine most of the prior year after he was red carded against NE.

Right. We were worried then and the CBs performed way above expectations. Won't necessarily repeat. I'm sure Long will get a chance to prove himself, but we can't exactly count on Miazga/Ream-like performances from him.

Collin gets hurt or receives a couple of cards, and we are down to DP, who presumably had to take a pay cut to come back and is two seasons removed from his good year, and an MLS rookie who looked raw in CCL action last year. I think and hope Baah pans out but chances are he won't be playing any time soon.

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You are all talk like you work in rbny front office.  Calm down a bit lol :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users