• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Looks like the biggest question is not the 11 but who will be in the coaches box...

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Looks like the biggest question is not the 11 but who will be in the coaches box...

Preston+Burpo+New+York+Red+Bulls+2018+Je

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Internal hires should get no more than an interim tag and should not remain the head coach regardless of performance.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Internal hires should get no more than an interim tag and should not remain the head coach regardless of performance.

Couldnt agree more. Anyone coming from the NY teams should not be considered long term. I anticipate a new coach bounce, well probably look a little better and get some more results but I absolutely do not think that person should be considered long term. Need someone from outside this team, even if its Salzburg or Leipzig

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I've seen so many calls throughout the last year or so to put Woly in charge, and while I get the sentimental love for the guy it strikes me as absolutely insane to see what tunnel-vision on the academy has done to our roster and somehow think the same approach will work when it comes to the coaching staff.

Go get someone who has won at a level higher than MLS, not below it.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

I've seen so many calls throughout the last year or so to put Woly in charge, and while I get the sentimental love for the guy it strikes me as absolutely insane to see what tunnel-vision on the academy has done to our roster and somehow think the same approach will work when it comes to the coaching staff.

Go get someone who has won at a level higher than MLS, not below it.

Love woly and this

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I'm fine with Woly as the interim coach, he knows the system & many players. That said, I'd like him to stay where he is & for them to bring in a really good coach who has successful head coaching experience. I don't want some newly retired player learning-on-the-job kinda shit, like a Tim 'activate the fan base' Cahill or something. Go find someone with a proven record, and pay enough to make them stay for a few years.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

find someone with a proven record, and pay enough to make them stay for a few years.

Has salary ever been the problem?
http://metrofanatic....eam/coaches.jsp
Jesse the longest at 3.5 years.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

So Bradley this is kinda awkward and all that they didn’t renew your contract but we could use a proven goal scorer and remember that front office role we promised you well maybe you would like um uhhh like uhh sorta consider Iike player coach thing?

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I'm fine with Woly as the interim coach, he knows the system & many players. That said, I'd like him to stay where he is & for them to bring in a really good coach who has successful head coaching experience. I don't want some newly retired player learning-on-the-job kinda shit, like a Tim 'activate the fan base' Cahill or something. Go find someone with a proven record, and pay enough to make them stay for a few years.

if hes not going to be considered for the full time job would rather him stay with RB2. Why disrupt two teams for no reason.  Woly is good at what he does with the USL team.  

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

Has salary ever been the problem?
http://metrofanatic....eam/coaches.jsp
Jesse the longest at 3.5 years.

No, we've usually fired someone 12-18 months after hiring them, but I meant don't cheap out & get a so-so kinda guy that you are going to have to fire again in a few years (like Chris Armas).  Spend enough to get someone quality. 

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

if hes not going to be considered for the full time job would rather him stay with RB2. Why disrupt two teams for no reason.  Woly is good at what he does with the USL team.  

Woly knows the system, has coached many of the younger players already, and would provide the most continuity. The point of the USL team is to grow players & support the MLS team with that talent, so I'm not really worried about 'disrupting' them for a few weeks- they can get over it. It's not like we're derailing a USL dynasty here that's going to ruin the careers of those players, we're talking about a few weeks. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Spend enough to get someone quality. 

That does not mean they will stay. Or last.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
If Woly would be a good high press coach I dont see why not. However if its an outside hire, then itll like be someone from the RB system, current or formerly.

https://en.m.wikiped...ard_Kitzbichler

https://en.m.wikiped...iki/Moritz_Volz

Two example coaches. Would be a fan of hiring Moritz Volz.

Maybe David Wagner as well?

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
Steve Cherundolo played under Rangnick as well, he would be an interesting candidate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users