Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=38516

Dreams of the Red Bulls having a USL Pro team as a reserve side appear to be just that – just dreams - with sporting director Andy Roxburgh telling BigAppleSoccer.com Monday that the club is looking for an affiliate relationship, not to start its own reserve team.

So no more big money DPs and no USL Pro B-Team... well... 

shit.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Well that's disappointing. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I wonder if Houllier has anything to do with taking money away from this team.

It freaking blows.   Please sell.  I don't care all that much about the name of the team or anything, but I do care when there is a direct impact to the team being able to win games in the future.  We don't sign players (outside of cheap ones) and we won't have a USL team.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So, where are all the clowns saying we were gonna invest all this money in the youth team again?  Nah, this joke of an ownership is just cheap and funneling their money to Liepzig.  Just as many realists here predicted.

Sell.

#RedBullOut

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

So what the fuck is the actual plan for success now?

No more big signings. No development side to work on our homegrown core. No marketing budget to speak of. In-house experience as bad as ever. Public transportation fucked. South Ward in utter shambles. City breathing down our necks.

How is Red Bull leading us to victory? 

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

This is the most disappointing news about this team in years.

All that talk and then nothing. They ran out of stuff to lie about and decided to just shrug and go, "Fuck if I know."

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

So if they're not going to start their own USL team why in the fuck didn't they affiliate years ago and let these reservists and youngsters get actual playing time instead of toiling around in the MLS Reserve League?! It's like they can't get the fuck out of their own way.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

What a bunch of crap.

It is becoming more and more clear that Red Bull cares less about their New York product and will sell, probably after NYCFC fields a viable product for a year or two and dominates both on and off the field attracting whatever is left of this fanbase.

An affiliation doesn't allow 18-20 players to develop. In an area where we have some of the best talent in the United States, 18 players would be easy to field. An affiliation gives a USL team 4 players to develop.

Start following the Cosmos. They will be blended into this team when Red Bull sells.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

This is the most disappointing news about this team in years.

All that talk and then nothing. They ran out of stuff to lie about and decided to just shrug and go, "Fuck if I know."

And some wonder why so many of us are skeptical about what happens with this team and marketing...

#RedBullOut

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

What is the RBNY email formula? first.last@newyorkredbulls.com? 

Can we just flood peoples inboxes with questions about what the longterm plan of this club is? Because seriously what the fuck is the longterm plan of this club.

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Well, just when you think people have finally thier shit together.... I have no words. I feel like a fool. Fuck it. Maybe I'll just dump soccer as one of my favorite sports altogether.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

What is the RBNY email formula? first.last@newyorkredbulls.com? 

Can we just flood peoples inboxes with questions about what the longterm plan of this club is? Because seriously what the fuck is the longterm plan of this club.

That sounds about right. Let me know if it's the algorithm. I'll be more than happy to start flooding the inboxes of the FO. I have nothing else do to at work.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Here's what frustrating. Let's look at this season.

They received the "ok" from the town of Hanover to expand their practice facility to include visitor locker rooms and a parking lot. They barked that they would field a USL team all season for next year.

They announced that they were talking to a bunch of possible third DPs - we get nothing.

They make an announcement that 3 deals are in the works and we end up getting a backup player for a backup player.

They sign a player (Perrinelle) that had a three day trial in preseason and was deemed pretty darn awful and wasn't given a contract then. 

Their only tool to combat NYCFC has been #MetroMondays where they have had incorrect stats or showed Abbe Friggin Ibrahim, as if we were connected to him, while other teams pay homage to their past by hosting games where old players return to play against each other.

Their other marketing gimmick is to bring in One Direction, a boy band, twice this year and make sure to publicize it. Not for Red Bull soccer games but because they are wearing Red Bull jerseys that show the energy drink logo on a bunch of clowns that teenagers search for relentlessly online.

Since they also announced they aren't selling, I'd assume since all they have done has been to lie, that selling will be next. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Don Garber focuses his attention on helping get them out after CD Chivas USA is sold.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
I think they see the landscape and realise they can't win. But rather than do right by their fans, they're going to totally fuck us over by selling Metro about three years too late and ceding the market to NYCFC. The exact worst case scenario

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Seriously??? We have one of the deepest academies in North America. What are we supposed to do with all the talent? Let em rot? How are we supposed to attract young talent to this academy?  No wonder why de Bontin left! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users