72 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Arsenal14's point wasn't that free players are always better.  It's that there are a lot of free players who are better than anything you can get for 1-2M.

5-6M will get you a Kaku or maybe even Josef level player.  1-2M might get you something good, or it might get you Jorgensen.

If all we're going to spend is 1-2M this window, I would have rather taken Cubo Torres on a free in a heartbeat.

And $17M can get you Pity Martinez to do nothing while Seamus Coleman cost Everton just $80K. You can find good and bad in pretty much any arbitrary category. 

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

sD6Emxw.png

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Is Thelwell scared to fire Armas or something?

Really makes you question Thelwell's intelligence that he hasn't fired Armas yet.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Really makes you question Thelwell's intelligence that he hasn't fired Armas yet.

He's been in this job for 9 games in a Pandemic-staggered season. No, we really shouldn't be questioning his intelligence at this point. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

He's been in this job for 9 games in a Pandemic-staggered season. No, we really shouldn't be questioning his intelligence at this point. 

Thelwell is directly contributing to the demise of this club by refusing to fire the terrible coach that is Armas.

Thelwell needs to put on his big boy pants and make a move.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Thelwell is directly contributing to the demise of this club by refusing to fire the terrible coach that is Armas.

Lol
There is 2 more months with 2 new players for 18 more games

Meanwhile he is making calls about player availability AND managers

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
This has become a pointless conversation. Thelwell so far has looked fine. Im not going to crucify him for not firing a guy in the middle of a pandemic season. If we suck and he doesnt fire Armas in offseason, Ill judge him. But this is silly

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

This has become a pointless conversation. Thelwell so far has looked fine. Im not going to crucify him for not firing a guy in the middle of a pandemic season. If we suck and he doesnt fire Armas in offseason, Ill judge him. But this is silly

Yea, the argument that Thelwell should not wait to fire Armas is one thing, to say you question his intelligence because he's waiting to the offseason... it's not like Thelwell wasn't part of a team that brought Wolves up through the leagues and turned them into an above average EPL team or anything...

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Was hired early February, but lets assume hes only seen the matches from MLSisBack and on

W, L, L, W, L, D, L (2-1-4)
3 GF in 7 matches
7 pts in 7 matches (1 ppg pace which would be good for a bottom 5-7 spot in the entire league)
T-17 in overall PPG

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Whatever helps fit your narrative. You were criticizing this guy literally 9 days after he accepted the job, so it's hard to take this seriously. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

he is making calls about ... managers

Imagine the salary demands.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

nice to see trolls gonna troll

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I have no problem with Thelwell waiting until the season is over.  Whatever time allows the team to get the best possible replacement head coach is what I'm hoping for.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I dont think anyone is saying the replacement has to be hired right now, but if you are convinced theres really no reason to continue on this path.

I think it is underestimated how much another half a seasons worth of matches of regression and rot could have on the pieces on this roster you hope to keep around.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Speak for yourself, TK RBNY! I want him replaced STAT 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users