29 replies to this topic

otkeeper

otkeeper

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Supports:NYRB,USA,Man Utd

I know it is a little early but do we have any info on what the ticket info for the away supporters section at Yankee stadium will be for game in the bronx this year?

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Who are the Yankees playing on 21st?

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I know it is a little early but do we have any info on what the ticket info for the away supporters section at Yankee stadium will be for game in the bronx this year?

We're still waiting to hear back from their FO regarding sections, allocation numbers, and prices.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Never too early.  I already booked my flight for the July 31 Chicago trip.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

With MLS, it can be too early.

I recall back in 2009 a bunch of us booked flights to Toronto and then onto Mexico City for US game.

After which MLS decided to change the date of the TFC game so that they (or RB ..I forget) could play some Euro team in a cash grab on a different date leaving us with a lot of questions as to why we flew to Toronto for one day to go Mexico City by their Custom Agents.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I recall back in 2009 a bunch of us booked flights to Toronto and then onto Mexico City for US game.

After which MLS decided to change the date of the TFC game so that they (or RB ..I forget) could play some Euro team in a cash grab on a different date leaving us with a lot of questions as to why we flew to Toronto for one day to go Mexico City by their Custom Agents.

True.  Good thing I got my Cubs tickets, too.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Yeah, I did that too. Total nafta clusterfuck. Funny trip, but, kinda pointless.

MLS does have a way of messing w games in summer. From USOC to games with euro friendlies, the schedule is in pencil at all times, really.

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA

Booked my Orlando away trip back in Feb.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
Anyone know what the away section is for this one? Saw that esc allocation is very small and planning to bring some non-member family. Would look for seating nearby...

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Just got the tickets for the game through esc, don't particularly like heading over there but it was fun last year. Are we in the same section area as last year?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

NYCFC website says 223 & 224, which are along the third base line near home plate.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

NYCFC website says 223 & 224, which are along the third base line near home plate.

Soccer in a baseball stadium for anything other than a 1 off is a crime.

What is worse - playing in the dump that is RFK and seeing tens of thousands of empty seats and crumbling infrastructure (but at least on a reasonably sized field minus the large empty area behind the net, because that too was a baseball stadium I think) or playing in a nice YS (I assume nice) but barely meeting field size requirements and actively knowing it is a baseball stadium?

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Didn't they move it to the third tier last year?

I thought they were opening more of YS for this game but that doesn't seem to be the case on ticketmaster yet

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA

"Generally, the assigned seatings for away support are in section 223 and 224 (revised to section 217 this season)"

http://www.onceametr...-rbny-away-fans

I called a ticket rep and they told me it would be 217 as well. 

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

"Generally, the assigned seatings for away support are in section 223 and 224 (revised to section 217 this season)"

http://www.onceametr...-rbny-away-fans

I called a ticket rep and they told me it would be 217 as well. 

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users