#1 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

Okay, I work at a market research firm, and we often do what are called "Family and Friend Pre-Tests". Basically, we are testing our survey prior to launching the full study. To do this we recruit people who we know (friends & family) to take the survey and then do a debrief, so someone can ask you questions about what is confusing or difficult to answer, etc. in the survey. People who do this get paid a small amount (usually $20-$100 depending on the study) for helping us out.

This thread will be me posting these requests for help. It is open to anyone, even people you know.

Today's request is:

Looking for buyers of new replacement tires for a vehicle. Purchase must have been made in the past 12 months.
(If not sure whether a person qualifies, please have them contact us anyways!)

Approximately 15-minute survey, self-administered paper/pencil
Debrief: 10 minutes, at a time of their choosing
Incentive: $25
Pre-test duration: Friday, June 19 – Monday EOD, June 22

PM me if you think you might be qualified, and are interested. Thanks!

EDIT: I need to know today for this one.

EDIT: FILLED IN JUNE.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#2 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

We are looking for some people to participate in a pre-test on Wednesday. We will have a paper version of an online questionnaire to email tomorrow afternoon/evening and want to conduct a 30 minute telephone debrief on Wednesday morning/early afternoon. The people will need to complete the questionnaire prior to the telephone debrief.

We want 6 people that meet the criteria below and are offering $50 for their time.

Qualifications:
• Age 21-54
• Males and females (ideally 3 of each)
• Have had food or beverages from a casual dining restaurant in the past month from at least one of the following occasions (ideal mix of lunch, dinner, happy hour, late night (9pm) and/or take out any time of day)
o This survey is about casual dining restaurants, that is, full-service, sit-down restaurants where you can order alcoholic beverages. Servers greet you, take your order, serve your food and handle your check
o We want a min of 2 pre-testers who have visited TGIF in the past month

Let me know today (AFLYNN@LRWONLINE.COM).

RE-EDIT: FILLED

#3 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

We are looking for 5 respondents to help pre-test a paper and pencil questionnaire over the weekend. We will send the questionnaire tomorrow by end of day and will schedule a phone debrief for Monday.

The questionnaire will be approximately 25-minutes and the phone debrief will be 30 minutes.

Respondents may qualify if they:

1. Not in sensitive industry: Advertising, marketing, public relations or marketing research OR A company that does tax preparation or provides tax preparation software

2. Age 18 or older

3. Primary or sole decision-maker for household tax prep method

4. Filed taxes this year (due April 15, 2009 for income earned in 2008)

5. At least one person who used each of the following tax preparation methods this year:

a. CPA

b. Retail

c. Online

d. Software

e. Used more than one method (for example, started preparing taxes online, but ultimately filed with a CPA)

**This is a particularly important tax preparation method, so please be sure to pass along any potential respondents that may fit this category**

If they meet the requirements, they will be screened to qualify for the pre-test. Those selected will earn an incentive of $40.

Email me if you think you qualify and are interested.

EDIT: FILLED

#4 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:44 AM

Okay, here's an odd one:

We are looking for people to participate in a pre-test today/tomorrow. We have a paper version of the online questionnaire ready to email today. We need to have the completed questionnaire and feedback form (in place of a telephone debrief) back by Tuesday August 4, at noon.

We want 7 people that meet the criteria below and are offering $100 for their time.

Qualifications:
• Age 18+
• Males and females
• Uses alternative personal cleaning methods in the bathroom beyond toilet paper, i.e. bidet, wet wipes, other types of water washing, etc.

The questionnaire should take approximately 20 minutes to complete, and we ask that the respondent take at least 15 minutes in providing their opinions on the feedback form.

Email me if you qualify and are interested (aflynn@LRWonline.com).

#5 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

Is 'Not wiping' considered an alternative method?
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#6 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I guess a garden hose would be a sub-heading under 'bidet'.

Please keep us posted on this one, to the extent that the confidentiality rules that I'm sure are in place will allow - I'll confess to being intrigued. :lol:

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#7 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

I hire prostitutes to clean me up. Is this a valid qualification? I need more money.

#8 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

A bit of a stretch but… do you have Friends and or Family who live in Mansfield or Columbus, OH?

We are conducting Ethnographies* in Ohio tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday. We are having trouble finding respondents who fit into our segments!

So, if you know anyone in that area we would like to screen them for our study!

Email me today and I will supply a telephone number for them to call.

AFlynn@LRWonline.com

*Ethnographies are market research interviews, where an interviewer (usually with a camera or camera crew) comes into a person's home and spends 3-4 hours with them going over whatever the topic of the interview is. Participants are usually paid $200-$400, depending on how difficult it is to recruit them. Often they will travel to a local store (if the interview is about buying a particular product - e.g. beer), and discuss at the store, how they make their decision, what in-store signage impacts the decision, etc.

#9 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

A bit of a stretch but… do you have Friends and or Family who live in Mansfield or Columbus, OH?

I used to know people in Mansfield, but just like me, they all got the Hell out of Ohio when all the factories shut down.

It is my prediction that anyone you find there will be:

- Retired
- Works in health care (to take care of retirees)
- Works in what few retail stores Retirees and health care workers support
- Are chronically unemployed

Edit: If you can go to Akron, OH - I know a number of people who could probably use the money.

#10 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Here's one for you smokers:

We are looking for 4 respondents to help pre-test an online survey tomorrow and do a de-brief on Friday, September 18.

The survey should take about 25 minutes and the phone debrief 30-45 minutes.

We want 4 respondents total who qualify in one of the following groups:

Overall Qualifications
• Age 21+

Group 1: Camel SNUS Trier/User
• Have tried or regularly uses Camel SNUS
• Does not reject further use (Extremely to Somewhat Likely to use again)

Group 2: Cigarette Smoker and/or Moist Snuff User
• Regularly smokes or uses moist snuff (or both)
• Have NOT tried or regularly use Camel SNUS
• Does not reject the SNUS product (Extremely to Somewhat Likely to try)

Group 3: Moist Snuff User or Dual User (Cigarette Smoker AND Moist Snuff User)
• Regularly uses moist snuff and/or cigarettes
• Have NOT tried or regularly use Camel SNUS
• Does not reject the SNUS product (Extremely to Somewhat Likely to try)

If they meet the requirements, they will be screened to qualify for the pre-test. Those selected will earn an incentive of $50.

If interested, please email me at AFlynn@LRWonline.com.

#11 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

We are looking for 4 respondents to help pre-test an online survey over this coming weekend and do a phone de-brief with respondents on Monday, September 21.

The survey should take about 25 minutes and the phone debrief 30 minutes.

We want 4 respondents total: 1 dine-out, 1 take-out/delivery, 1 family, 1 pizza eater.

General Qualifications
• Over 18
• Dines out at least once a week (can not only be fast food) OR Eats take out/delivery at least once a week (can not only be fast food)

We are looking for 1 respondent in each of the following categories:
• Family (married or single parent with child/children under 18)
• Eats pizza either at restaurant or delivery place at least 3 times a month

If they meet the requirements, they will be screened to qualify for the pre-test. Those selected will earn an incentive of $40.

Email me if you are interested. Do it quick, as this will likely fill up immediately.

AFlynn@LRWonline.com

#12 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:01 PM

We are looking for 4 respondents to help pre-test an online survey over this coming weekend and do a phone de-brief with respondents on Monday, September 21.

The survey should take about 25 minutes and the phone debrief 30 minutes.

We want 4 respondents total: 1 dine-out, 1 take-out/delivery, 1 family, 1 pizza eater.

General Qualifications
• Over 18
• Dines out at least once a week (can not only be fast food) OR Eats take out/delivery at least once a week (can not only be fast food)

We are looking for 1 respondent in each of the following categories:
• Family (married or single parent with child/children under 18)
• Eats pizza either at restaurant or delivery place at least 3 times a month

Email me if you are interested. Do it quick, as this will likely fill up immediately.

AFlynn@LRWonline.com

Check your email.
Cuz, man, have you seen the women in Liverpool? Sea scags, man.- Calexico

#13 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

We are looking for 4 respondents to help pre-test an online questionnaire. We will send the program link out tomorrow and will schedule a phone debrief Monday.

The questionnaire will be approximately 25-minutes and the phone debrief will be approximately 30 minutes.

Respondents may qualify if they:
- Do not work in market research, advertising for an automotive company (car dealership, service station, repair garage), gasoline company, or oil company
- Are age 18-55
- Have at least one vehicle they use for personal use with the following characteristics:
- Have sole, primary or shared decision making responsibility for oil change decisions (including the decision for what brand of motor oil) for this vehicle
- Have had oil changed at least once in the past 12 months
- Purchased motor oil for a full oil change at either an auto parts store (Auto Zone, Checker Auto Parts, etc.) or mass retailer (Wal-Mart, K-mart, etc.)
- In addition, they must have purchased motor oil for a full oil change at either an auto parts store (Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Checker Auto Parts, etc.) or mass retailer (Wal-Mart, K-mart, Target, etc.) in the past 12 months
- And did at least one of the following:
* Personally changed the motor oil
* Personally purchased the motor oil, then asked a friend or family member to change the oil in my vehicle
* Purchased the motor oil at one location, then took it to a professional installer at a different location, where it was installed (for example, a car dealer, quick lube, repair garage, tire store, or service station)

If you did one of the following, you do NOT qualify for the study.
* I went directly to a professional installer (car dealer, quick lube, repair garage, tire store or service station), requested an oil change, but I chose the brand of oil
* I went to a professional installer (car dealer, quick lube, repair garage, tire store or service station), requested an oil change, but I did not choose the brand of oil

The different types of people that we’re looking for are:
- At least one person who purchased synthetic motor oil
- At least one person who purchased specifically Mobil 1 motor oil
- At least one person who purchased conventional motor oil (but would consider synthetic)

If you meet the requirements, you will be screened and may qualify for the pre-test. Those selected will earn an incentive of $40.

#14 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Here's an interesting one about funeral/memorial planning:

We are looking for five respondents to take a 30-minute self-administered survey, and approximately a 15-minute phone debrief.

Qualifications:
• Primary decision makers for a funeral or memorial event
• Arrangement made for a deceased person OR pre-planning for self or someone else
• Arrangement, pre-planning made in the past 12 months
• Looking for both traditional burial and cremation arrangements

We are offering $50 in appreciation of their time.

Survey will be emailed Tuesday morning, Dec 1st.
Phone debrief Tuesday - Wednesday.

#15 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

We are looking for 3 respondents to help pre-test a paper and pencil questionnaire. We will send the questionnaire out today and schedule a phone debrief for Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

The questionnaire will be 20-minutes and the phone debrief will be approximately 30 minutes.

Respondents may qualify if they are:

- 13-25 years of age
- Do not work in a sensitive industry (food or beverage manufacturer)
- Regularly (at least once a week) or occasionally (at least once a month) purchase Frozen Carbonated drinks like Slurpee , Icee, Slush Puppie, Frozen Coke, or Frozen Fanta
- Shopped at 7-Eleven in the past month

We will screen potential respondents and if they meet the requirements and fully complete the pre-test, they will earn an incentive of $25.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users