26 replies to this topic

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The thing is The 7 Line is no better than the NYCFC fanbase. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I've never encountered them, but I have a hard time accepting that for the reason that a very high percentage of 20 something baseball fans in this country have at least grown up around the game of baseball and understand its ins and outs far better than the boy city fanbase understands soccer.  Plus baseball is on every day and its like total immersion with talk radio, stats, fantasy etc.

Maybe from a standpoint of obnoxiousness they are close, but that's not what that article made it sound like.  Anyway informed obnoxiousness is less offensive than uninformed, to me at least.

And for the record, I have no issue with any supporter of any team in any sport cheering for another team in 'my' stadium.  That's what fans are supposed to do.  Its up to the home crowd to be louder. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

I've never encountered them, but I have a hard time accepting that for the reason that a very high percentage of 20 something baseball fans in this country have at least grown up around the game of baseball and understand its ins and outs far better than the boy city fanbase understands soccer.  Plus baseball is on every day and its like total immersion with talk radio, stats, fantasy etc.

Maybe from a standpoint of obnoxiousness they are close, but that's not what that article made it sound like.  Anyway informed obnoxiousness is less offensive than uninformed, to me at least.

And for the record, I have no issue with any supporter of any team in any sport cheering for another team in 'my' stadium.  That's what fans are supposed to do.  Its up to the home crowd to be louder. 

Neither do I, I'm just a Mets fan and I'm real sick of those guys.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I see a fight to the death between you and the unofficial legal counsel of those in the South Ward who have received bans in your future!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Neither do I, I'm just a Mets fan and I'm real sick of those guys.

What's so bad about the 7 Line? (Not being a dick, that's an honest question)

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

What's so bad about the 7 Line? (Not being a dick, that's an honest question)

It's a little too obnoxious "Let's make Mets fans Yankees fans!" for me, and the t-shirts aren't particularly funny nor do they celebrate the Mets in a way I'd want them to.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I'm not a Mets fan and I've never had a run-in with those guys, but they were the first people I thought of when I read that story. But if standing, cheering and a bit of heckling -- while reportedly keeping the vulgarities to a minimum -- is too rowdy, I can't bring myself to say the fault lies with them. God forbid sports fans act like sports fans to appease stick-up-the-ass, boat shoe-wearing career "consultants" and "advisors." You live in Hollywood for Ugly People. Only in your mind do the proles come to D.C. to grovel at the feet of our enlightened, benevolent leaders.

That being said, I think organized support for baseball is kind of cringe-y, but that's just me.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Baseball sucks.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

There's some really dumb shit being said here about The Se7en Line. 

I foresee a thread split to the Dead Horse subforum.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I went to one game in their section last year and it was louder than the south ward.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Perhaps people should read a little bit.  Learn a little bit.

http://the7line.com/...the-7-line-army 

I was at the first Bronx Invasion. 

It was as much fun as the SW trips to YS, if not more.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Let me ask you this: do they say Hoo at the end of Let's go Mets?

Because that will make a difference as to whether I can get along with them.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Thought it is "woo". 

Not a fan of it, don't do it, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

Much like "U-S-eh-A!

I think that adding a syllable to cheers started with Gary Glitter.

Wish it had ended with him, too.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

I seem to remember it coming along during the piazza years, after I'd started going to games.

Get off my lawn, you damn kids with your hoos and woos and your moderately clever t shirts!

anyway, not really a deal breaker for me either, although regarding the 7 line,  I can't see myself enjoying a soccer atmosphere at a baseball game on anything more than an occasional basis.

I like my beer drinking and witty repartee to be punctuated by occasional moments of baseball, the leisurely pace of the game, etc.

however, if they at any point spell seven with a 7 in place of the v they are dead to me.

also, funny story, I did a yahoo image search for 'the seven line' and I got images of some writing in what looks like sanskrit, the seven days of the bible, the seven chakras, the seven continents, the seven dwarfs, among a few pics of 7 line gear. 

I don't know if that's a function of the group's obscurity or the crappiness of yahoo search.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Search "The 7 Line" or "7 Line Army".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users