35 replies to this topic

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

So like, if I wanted to not renew my season tickets for next year, when do I have to cancel that by? I hate the idea of not having tickets but I can't pretend like it is honestly worth it anymore. Gifts are not great (decent hat though, sneakers sucked last year). Tickets can always be had cheaper on secondary market. No good friendlies come here. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

So like, if I wanted to not renew my season tickets for next year, when do I have to cancel that by? I hate the idea of not having tickets but I can't pretend like it is honestly worth it anymore. Gifts are not great (decent hat though, sneakers sucked last year). Tickets can always be had cheaper on secondary market. No good friendlies come here. 

They will send you a notice when renewal info goes out letting you know you have 30 days to opt out. I just did this with the Sixers as they doubled my price in the last 2 seasons and I've had lots of games I priced at the StubHub floor that didn't even sell (Even my Sabres tickets always sell if priced low enough). Also the team is about to go down the toilet bad.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Renewal for me came up last summer. Did not renew. Feeling very good about that decision given the two terrible transfer windows since then, the fact that Armas and ham Sandwich are still here and that we gave up 2 goals at home to an absolutely horrible team on opening day.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Lack of signings hurts...

Plus there's less cool additional stuff.  No more friendlies.  There would always be a pre-event before the season with the players that was cool.  I remember the one year being at Webster Hall.

Feels like the bonuses have fallen off a bit too this past year.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Plus there's less cool additional stuff.  No more friendlies.  There would always be a pre-event before the season with the players that was cool.  I remember the one year being at Webster Hall

I didn't go, but they had a weekend long event a month ago: https://www.newyorkr...com/2020kickoff

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Did not renew. Feeling very good about that decision

Boycotting? Partially/completely? Or scalping tix?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Boycotting? Partially/completely? Or scalping tix?

Partially. I grab my tickets elsewhere now.

They can have my season ticket money back when they sort their shit out.

Can only vote with your wallet.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
They are totally following the US Soccer policy of squeezing the existing fans and not even trying to get new fans.

There was a short lived $25 single ticket deal before the season. Mini plans start at $36 per for 3 games or $31 per for 6 or more.

I do wonder if the stubhub inventory will not be quite as cheap since I think a lot of people gave up season tickets and rb made it more annoying to resell with digital tickets.

Seemed like lowest tickets were priced around $15 for opener, honestly thought it would be lower given opponent, weather and lack of interest.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Its not like its hard to pick up a ticket on game day. 25k seats in the stadium, and less than 5000 people in the stands.

Getting tix to the Hudson River derby aint even hard these days.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
Point wasnt that getting ticket is hard, its that theyre priced not to move.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Its not like its hard to pick up a ticket on game day. 25k seats in the stadium, and less than 5000 people in the stands.

Getting tix to the Hudson River derby aint even hard these days.

It wasn't a great crowd but it wasn't less than 5k.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

It wasn't a great crowd but it wasn't less than 5k.

Twas.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Twasnt. Probably close to double that. All things considered it will probably be our lowest attended regular season game - once the kickoff temp is above 40 we'll see an uptick in attendance.

Becoming a STH was never a monetary decision for me personally. I wasn't looking to flip my seat. In fact I became a STH after the profitable euro friendlies were over. I just really like my seat and I like supporting my team. Plus it's by far the cheapest way to do so of the local pro sports teams.

Personally I will be voting with my wallet in the concession stands, not by canceling my ticket. But to each his own.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

probably be our lowest attended regular season game

Was there a fake announced crowd number?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Twasnt. Probably close to double that. All things considered it will probably be our lowest attended regular season game - once the kickoff temp is above 40 we'll see an uptick in attendance.

Becoming a STH was never a monetary decision for me personally. I wasn't looking to flip my seat. In fact I became a STH after the profitable euro friendlies were over. I just really like my seat and I like supporting my team. Plus it's by far the cheapest way to do so of the local pro sports teams.

Personally I will be voting with my wallet in the concession stands, not by canceling my ticket. But to each his own.

Buy your season tickets, use the concessions.......do it the way you want to and enjoy!

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users