239 replies to this topic

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Can we move on from Robinson.....just not quality National Team LB. If he is the best the US has at LB, we are in for some painful WC cycle.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

ex RBAcademy kid Tim Weah's pass for the Wood goal. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

No Tyler, McKinnie, Pulisic. Front 6 has potential, 2 of the 3 are healthy. Just gotta work on the back4. 

Hypothetically...

----------Weah

Amon-Green-Pulisic

--McKinnie-Adams

Ya got Acosta Sargent and Wood on the bench in attack for example. The defense did get torched. We'll go as far as the defense takes us. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Can we move on from Robinson.....just not quality National Team LB. If he is the best the US has at LB, we are in for some painful WC cycle.

Hes young and got roasted by some of the worlds elite. Give him time.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Who else do we have?  Villafana, Ben Sweat?  I don't see any obvious upgrades.  At least we can hope he'll improve since he's pretty young.

I'm not a Michael Bradley hater, I don't have a problem with him getting called up now, although I doubt he'll be a factor in 2022.  But it's pretty clear that he's no longer a 90 minute guy, and probably not a starter.  Falcao ran right past him on the third goal, and Quintero breezed past him and hit one off the post a few minutes later.  Sarachan may not have had much choice but to leave him on last night with the injuries to Adams and McKennie, but he absolutely shouldn't be considered an automatic starter or 90 minute guy.  Curious to see what the next coach does with Bradley.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Curious to see what the next coach does with Bradley.

He just turned 31, and may have lost a step, but is not too old to be part of the USMNT for the 2019 Gold Cup. Another player needs to step up and push him to the sidelines. IMO, that happens in practice, where his replacement shows the speed, dexterity and wisdom to slot in at MBs spot. We cannot wait until 2021 for this.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

He just turned 31, and may have lost s step, but is not too old to be part of the USMNT for the 2019 Gold Cup. Another player needs to step up and push him to the sidelines. IMO, that happens in practice, where his replacement shows the speed, dexterity and wisdom to slot in at MBs spot. We cannot wait until 2021 for this.

Definitely think that Bradley can stick around for another year or two.  I just don't think he should be considered an automatic starter or a guy who can never be subbed off.  

It would have been interesting to see what the lineup would have been last night if Pulisic, Adams and McKennie were healthy, along with Acosta, Bradley and Green.  Pulisic probably would have started out wide, but that still leaves 5 players for 3 central midfield spots.  It also would have been nice last night to bring on a younger, more athletic player to replace Bradley in about the 60th minute, maybe a guy like Sean Davis.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Long is not even on the bench. What's the point?

And Brooks looked bad.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

No Tyler, McKinnie, Pulisic. Front 6 has potential, 2 of the 3 are healthy. Just gotta work on the back4. 

Hypothetically...

----------Weah

Amon-Green-Pulisic

--McKinnie-Adams

Ya got Acosta Sargent and Wood on the bench in attack for example. The defense did get torched. We'll go as far as the defense takes us. 

Does that back four get torched with Tyler pressuring the midfield though?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Yeah Tyler and McKinnie over there, we know that they'd be hustling to get back on D. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
After watching the Colombia vs EEUU game..

Tim Parker and Aaron Long should be the starters for the National team...

I dare to say that The USMNT should probably play with 3 in the back, Parker Long and Miazga...

That way they can get more midfielders on the pitch...

And Adams and Pulisic are sorely missed, different team without them..

Adams Mckinnie and Kellyn Acosta should be the Central mid.. And play Julián Green out wide on the left, Pulisic should play start out on the right side and Tim Weah and Bobby Wood should be up top.. The good thing with Weah, Green And Pulisic starting together is that they are interchangeable and can switch roles with each other throughout the matches same for Mckinnie Acosta Adams but I'd start Mckinnie centrally and give Adams and Mckinnie just slight more free reign to attack.. But all three are good at recognizing when to go forward so I wouldn't want to hold back Acosta either
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
1717088_USA.jpg

Based of what I've seen from USMNT and heat maps of the Nats best matches this lineup is the best US can have.. And the players can interchange if need be to create better on pitch duels that favor US or if some gets pulled out of position the closest teammate is a natural to cover that ground
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

kinda weak on the flanks, with both players being more attack oriented. 

Having McKinnie Tyler Pulisic Weah starting is a requirement. Brooks looked kinda slow, so any 2 of Miazga Long Parker would be fine. Wingbacks/Outside backs have to go up and down the flanks but also defend. Yedlin and Robinson worry me, despite them being players in England. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

I don't know about Weah as a starter.  Maybe someday, but I haven't seen enough out of him to say he's absolutely a first 11 player now (although his pass that set up Wood against Colombia was excellent).  If you want to play two up top, you've got Weah, Wood, Jozy and Sargent to choose from, and maybe a few others (Aron Jo., Sapong, Dwyer, Zardes, Nova, and even Carleton with Atl. U.).  If you want to play  him as a wide midfielder, he's competing with Pulisic, Green, Zardes, Picault, Arriola, Aron Jo., Fabian Johnson, maybe even Nagbe.  One of those players could end up in the middle, but still, if we were playing a game that mattered, I don't know that Weah would be one of our top two wide midfielders or forwards.

And as much as I like Parker and Long, they're great in MLS but unknown at the international level.  I would definitely like to see them get a shot, but there's no way I can say they are better than Brooks or CCV right now.  It would be pretty cool seeing an all-RBNY center of defense with Parker, Long and Miazga, though.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Can we just delete Kemar's caps with Jamaica and solve the LB problem?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users