251 replies to this topic

Matrim55

Matrim55

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros
HARRISON, NJ (Feb. 17, 2012) – The New York Red Bulls announced today that the team has waived defender Sacir Hot and midfielder Matt Kassel.

“We want to wish Sacir and Matt the best of luck and hope to see them back at the club in the future. Unfortunately, with the talent on our squad, we cannot guarantee that Sacir and Matt will play in first team matches. They are both young players who need more games and we will help them find positive situations where they can succeed and develop. We will also continue to follow their progress at their next club,” said New York General Manager and Sporting Director Erik Soler.

“These were difficult decisions, but we think that these are beneficial moves for all parties involved. The club is proud that they developed in our academy and have turned into good professionals,” Soler said.

West Ham fan

West Ham fan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Supports:West Ham United, RBNY, USMNT

HARRISON, NJ (Feb. 17, 2012) – The New York Red Bulls announced today that the team has waived defender Sacir Hot and midfielder Matt Kassel.

“We want to wish Sacir and Matt the best of luck and hope to see them back at the club in the future. Unfortunately, with the talent on our squad, we cannot guarantee that Sacir and Matt will play in first team matches. They are both young players who need more games and we will help them find positive situations where they can succeed and develop. We will also continue to follow their progress at their next club,” said New York General Manager and Sporting Director Erik Soler.

“These were difficult decisions, but we think that these are beneficial moves for all parties involved. The club is proud that they developed in our academy and have turned into good professionals,” Soler said.

Any guesses here Matrim? I mean they are off roster & not towards the cap either. What is the advantage of cutting them? I'm speechless. Feel terribly for these two. Hope they land on their feet.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Wow.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
Were they asking to be moved or something? Seems like a pointless and self-destructive move, especially since Kassel was supposed to be the next big thing in midfield :unsure:

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull
but yet their holding onto ballouchy ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??????????????????????

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
WTF??

Oh yeah, cut the cheap non-international players.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Section133

Section133

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Roster Spots?

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
Suprised by this...

Of the 4 homegrown players signed in history by RBNY, only Agudelo currently is under contract with RBNY.

Chirgadze seems like he may resign with the team. And now Hot and Kassel are out.

Opens up two spots... thought we had several open spots. Little surprised by this to be honest.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Quema

Quema

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ

“We want to wish Sacir and Matt the best of luck and hope to see them back at the club in the future. Unfortunately, with the talent on our squad, we cannot guarantee that Sacir and Matt will play in first team matches. They are both young players who need more games and we will help them find positive situations where they can succeed and develop. We will also continue to follow their progress at their next club.”

Why didn't they just loan them out, then?

GM24

GM24

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/USMNT
Wow

Dax won't be happy with Matt being cut

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Yet another move by Soler and Backe that makes zero sense at all. He complained about no depth last season, so the solution is to cut two players that graduated from the academy who have ZERO cap hit and have roster protection. The excuse to make room is a lie, the players brought in would have to fill senior roster spots and have cap liability....something neither Kassel or Hot had this season.

If they needed "more games": to develop they could have LOANED them to some USL sides. Fucking morons.

I swear i will die an old man before we ever have competent and intelligent management here again.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

West Ham fan

West Ham fan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Any guesses here Matrim? I mean they are off roster & not towards the cap either. What is the advantage of cutting them? I'm speechless. Feel terribly for these two. Hope they land on their feet.

West Ham fan

West Ham fan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Suprised by this...

Of the 4 homegrown players signed in history by RBNY, only Agudelo currently is under contract with RBNY.

Chirgadze seems like he may resign with the team. And now Hot and Kassel are out.

Opens up two spots... thought we had several open spots. Little surprised by this to be honest.

What spots does it open? These guys are off roster & don't count towards cap...we can sign unlimited Homegrown players I thought? Just 2 as Generation Adidas, right?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
We have 20 21 players under contract right now. You are allowed 30. Even if we sign all the trialists, that leaves room for Kassel and Hot. And they don't count against the cap!

I think the bottom line here is, the powers that be decided that Kassel and Hot will not amount to pros, and decided to cut the cord as opposed to stringing them along.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Belshina

Belshina

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Juventus, Real Madrid
yes cut the young homegrown Americans so we Soler can bring in a couple of more old German or Scandinavian farts from 3rd division teams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users