4 replies to this topic

LordGhoti

LordGhoti

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • Supports:USA, Metro, Celtic, Houston Dynamo
I would have made a separate thread but this also works.

For those of you who did not get WC tickets, Yanks-Abroad is holding a raffle for an all expenses paid trip for two to Germany for the World Cup. The Grand Prize includes airfare, hotels, ground transportation and tickets to all of the US's three opening round games. (There are also secondary prizes that include an autographed Bobby Convey jerseys, Y-A t-shirts, etc.) Far from a sure thing but it may be worth it for those who are truly desperate.

b00zeNYC

b00zeNYC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Supports:Zen
I'll be there with my bro, dad, and nephew! Four gens of family hehe It was a tough choice to apply to follow the USA or Ecuador (which is where our family is from). In the end, we decided on following Ecuador around Germany because a) my old man's never had the chance to go to a Mundial to follow his country's side, and b) because we figured we'd have a better chance at getting tickets to follow Ecuador than to USA anyways... Needless to say, we just missed what would've been an insane atmosphere against Germany in Munich to start the festivities. :ph34r:

We're flying into Hannover on the 8th, first match is against in Gelsenkirchen on the 9th vs. Poland. Still haven't decided to drive or train it to Gelsenkirchen. That game will make or break Ecuador for that group! Will be cool that the USA match will be there a couple of days later, we can watch it outdoors. I'm up for getting together with any group that's watching for sure.

On a seperate note, I joined ESC this Saturday, though i always sat near or with 101 just because you have to sing for your team. But anyways, I figure the new owners shouldn't be the only ones raising the level of investment (money, energy, effort, passion, or otherwise) in order for the team to get better. We the fans have as much of a responsibility to raise our game as well.

Last, put these here for easy reference, learn the important things first:

Kann ich ein Bier haben? = Can I have a beer?
Prost! = Down it in one
Diese Bier ist sehr gut = This beer is very good

and finally

Lass uns anstossen! = Cheers!

:cheers:

USFan7710

USFan7710

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
Luckly, I got a friend who has some sports marketing job that gives him free tickets to any game he wants.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,187 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

ein Bier? Nein
Zwei Bier! :cheers: :cheers: :pint: :pint:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

b00zeNYC

b00zeNYC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Supports:Zen

ein Bier? Nein
Zwei Bier! :cheers: :cheers: :pint: :pint:

I stand corrected!!! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users