copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT

HAHA

Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Doubt that this will affect them:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=j8cmWK1uRu4

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
So you mean it wasn't a good idea for them to brag about the flare in DC all over social media when it should be common knowledge that the FO monitors it like a hawk?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Good riddance.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Shame to see any supporters disenfranchised, but they 100% brought this on themselves and had ample, fair opportunity to avoid this outcome.   Can only hope we can quickly fill the void.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

i've had my complaints about GSU but i do think the rest of the south ward has to show some solidarity here.  it's pretty fucked to just ban a group and it could easily be the ESC or VA next time.  

They didn't just ban them for the hell of it. GSU did everything they could to be a giant headache to the organization (and very often the other supporters groups) and when your group is like only 30 people showing up to the matches you are far from bulletproof. The thing in DC was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. The reason ESC and VA are in no danger of being kicked out is because A) Their members don't do stupid shit and cause problems constantly and B) They both fill their section.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

The thing in DC was basically the straw that broke the camel's back.

You may be right, but if so, I am disappointed that something that one of our traveling supporters did at DC, of all places, would have such major repercussions inside RBA.
I prefer to think that it was the refusal of GSU leadership to meet with RBFO & the Harrison PD that was the last straw.
I also hope that this action came early enough that it can be reviewed & rescinded, if GSU leadership will hold that meeting.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

You may be right, but if so, I am disappointed that something that one of our traveling supporters did at DC, of all places, would have such major repercussions inside RBA.
I prefer to think that it was the refusal of GSU leadership to meet with RBFO & the Harrison PD that was the last straw.
I also hope that this action came early enough that it can be reviewed & rescinded, if GSU leadership will hold that meeting.

They were stupid and specifically bragged about it on social media, hence the consequences came down on their group. The thing you mentioned probably didn't help matters.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

They didn't just ban them for the hell of it. GSU did everything they could to be a giant headache to the organization (and very often the other supporters groups) and when your group is like only 30 people showing up to the matches you are far from bulletproof. The thing in DC was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. The reason ESC and VA are in no danger of being kicked out is because A) Their members don't do stupid shit and cause problems constantly and B) They both fill their section.

I'm not sure if butts in seats played a big factor in the front office restricting GSU, but you are right in that they are a headache to nearly everyone except themselves.

The fights and drama they got involved in with NYCFC goons didn't just come out of nowhere. Whether their members want to admit it or not, they were unable to distance themselves from the image of being sandwich-board throwers looking for trouble. And their members at times would dress up with bandanas over their faces like they were looking to "throw down" with opposing fans.

Their shtick brought a completely unneeded element to the Red Bull fan atmosphere. I don't care really what songs you sing or how big your group is. If you are willing to fight over a sports team you shouldn't be allowed to attend games.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

The thing you mentioned probably didn't help matters.

As bad as DC could be, I cant see it being the catalyst for this reaction. Declining or skipping a meeting, I could see.
I repeat, there should be enough time to rectify this, if GSU desire.

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT

It was a pattern that repeated over and over, year after year. Every year the excuse was..."Oh it's individuals, not the group." Well, if it happens repeatedly through every season, the excuse isn't valid.

Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Good riddance, sometimes it was embarissing bringing friends to game and explaining things to them.

They refuse to sing Spanish songs, they all think theyre at a punk show in 1980s croyden, it was so obvious that it was all about them and not the team.

Theyve almost started a fight in 101 messing with th main capo guy for unknown reason.

I saw members of theirs do the shit in dc last year, destroy chairs, throw flairs in the crowd below, I was like hey lets not do that and they were like haha fuck you and I just moved cause I didnt want a fight.

Not to generalize but it just seemed like a lot of people without much going on who used the game to just get out and be a dickhead.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Theyve almost started a fight in 101 messing with th main capo guy for unknown reason.

was this during the NYCFC home game with the Whalers mascot on the 101 perch?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

jj____

jj____

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, FFC

was this during the NYCFC home game with the Whalers mascot on the 101 perch?

When the GSU capo couldnt see/communicate with ESC because the fucking whale was obstructing views?  ESC members taking to twitter bragging about "getting into it with" GSU members aren't any better.  Its a shame the South Ward would rather pass blame, make baseless accusations instead of standing united or at the very least pleading the fifth

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

When the GSU capo couldnt see/communicate with ESC because the fucking whale was obstructing views?  ESC members taking to twitter bragging about "getting into it with" GSU members aren't any better.  Its a shame the South Ward would rather pass blame, make baseless accusations instead of standing united or at the very least pleading the fifth

That GSU guy attacked one of my oldest friends from when I joined the ESC in 2001, and that was complete fucking bullshit. That's not a baseless accusation, I was standing 10 feet from the perch where the guy attacked him. I've had no problem with GSU guys but I'd be lying if I said a lot of things they did didn't bother me. Bottom line is they only have themselves to blame for the ban, and hopefully they realise that and ask for (and receive) one last chance.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users