14 replies to this topic

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

I will not be surprised if the nats play Adams at right back in order to protect Prince Michael's position as the defensive midfielder.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I will not be surprised if the nats play Adams at right back in order to protect Prince Michael's position as the defensive midfielder.

Nah.

Bradley/Trapp will play DM, McKennie and Adams will play CM above the DM.

And by above the DM, I mean that they'll spend 80% of their energy covering for the mistakes of whatever shit DM Berhalter throws in there.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I think Bradley time is in the past. The midfield should be Acosta Mckinnie and Adams.. At best Trap behind them..

With those three you can play 5 in the back and a CAM or second striker and CF

Or can play a 352 or a 433 or a 4312

Add to that Parker and Long should be the starters and they can play four in the back or add Brooks or Miazga and play 3 in the back...

Point is Mckinnie, Pulisic, Adams, Steffen, Long, Parker and Acosta should be the core of the team cuz they allow the most flexibility and options of style tactics and formations
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Bradley still deserves a starting spot right now. Three years from now he certainly won't, so starting the process of figuring out the future early isn't a bad idea, given we are pretty much guaranteed to qualify for the World Cup. (I know, I know)

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Sean Akira > Trapp

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Sean Akira > Trapp

Agreed. Trapp is so overrated.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

Not to protect Bradley's position, but because 1.) the new "hybrid" right back role Berhalter had Nick Lima play these past two friendlies would serve Adams' skillset and style of play real well. The position requires a monster engine (check), speed (check), tactical awareness (check), good in possession when cutting inside when the US has possession (check), and good defensive abilities...obviously (check).  2.) Yedlin has sucked lately, and currently our depth in central midfield is way stronger than it is at RB.

Not saying I want to see Adams at wingback. Just playing DA.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I dont think we have to worry about Tyler playing rb for the nats.

Him and mckenny and then one dmid Bradley or trapp will be the 3.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I dont think we have to worry about Tyler playing rb for the nats.

Him and mckenny and then one dmid Bradley or trapp will be the 3.

That's such a negative formation. I'm really not a fan at all. Leaves way too much of the connections to the striker at the wing position. Josh Sargent is going to be much more effective if he isn't on an island 70% of the game. 

I'd rather one of Adams/McKennie actually learn to distribute the ball, and play a 4-4-1-1 with someone like Acosta or Green playing behind Sargent. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
4-4-1-1

.........Sargent
Arriola... Pulisic.......weah
........Adams.. mckennie
??......long..Brooks.......yedlin
...........steffen

I'll take that lineup against anyone in Concacaf, Home or away. Imagine someone with the talent of taxi playing left back for us. Damn

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

4-4-1-1

.........Sargent
Arriola... Pulisic.......weah
........Adams.. mckennie
??......long..Brooks.......yedlin
...........steffen

I'll take that lineup against anyone in Concacaf, Home or away. Imagine someone with the talent of taxi playing left back for us. Damn

I actually see Bradley starting. He is the best passer on the team.

Weah and arriola will fight for one of the wing positions....pulisic on the other wing

The lima kid looked great as rb...maybe Fabian Johnson goes to lb?

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

I actually see Bradley starting. He is the best passer on the team.

Weah and arriola will fight for one of the wing positions....pulisic on the other wing

The lima kid looked great as rb...maybe Fabian Johnson goes to lb?

What about Yedlin?

LONG LIVE METRO

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I think you're wasting Adams' talent if you play him on the right.  He covers so much ground, is so good with the ball, and is such a good tackler that he's best utilized in the center.  That's where he has the most impact on the game.

Bradley's role on this team may be debatable now, but it won't be in 3 years.  By then, he won't be a lock to make the roster for Qatar and, if he does, it will be as that "mentor" type, for his experience more than anything he will be able to contribute on the field.  He may see some time in qualifying, but his role will shrink to pretty much nothing over the next few years.

I watched Newcastle this past weekend and Yedlin seemed to be playing more as a wing or wide midfielder than as a back.  Some people don't like Yedlin, but I think he's turning into a really good player.  Use him as a midfielder and whatever defensive issues he has don't hurt as much.  If Berhalter puts Yedlin in the midfield, then Pulisic can move into the middle.  As someone posted above, a center midfield of Pulisic, McKennie and Adams is pretty good.  Having said that, I like Pulisic on the wing more, although admittedly I haven't seen him in the center too much.  If you push Yedlin up to midfield, that opens up right back for Shaq Moore (who I think has looked spotty and I don't know if he's getting time with his club), Lichaj (how old is he?), Cannon from Dallas, this Lima kid who looked good this past weekend and (don't kill me) Timmy Chandler.

We could use a striker though.  Boy do I miss Brian McBride.  Maybe Weah or Sargent will step up, because we need better than Jozy, Zardes and Wood. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
  If Berhalter puts Yedlin in the midfield, then Pulisic can move into the middle.  As someone posted above, a center midfield of Pulisic, McKennie and Adams is pretty good.  Having said that, I like Pulisic on the wing more, although admittedly I haven't seen him in the center too much. 

I'm sure Pulisic would be our best creator in the middle, but his strongest position is on the wing. Hopefully someone else steps up that can do well centrally.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

Not to protect Bradley's position, but because 1.) the new "hybrid" right back role Berhalter had Nick Lima play these past two friendlies would serve Adams' skillset and style of play real well. The position requires a monster engine (check), speed (check), tactical awareness (check), good in possession when cutting inside when the US has possession (check), and good defensive abilities...obviously (check).  2.) Yedlin has sucked lately, and currently our depth in central midfield is way stronger than it is at RB.

Heh.  :ph34r:

https://twitter.com/...824395064692737

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users