MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Coming back:

Vincent Bezecourt, Junior Flemmings, David Najem, Aaron Long, Tim Schmoll and Florian Valot

Cut:

Zach Carroll, Zoumana Simpara

Out of contract:

Stefano Bonomo, Dan Metzger, Devon Williams, Konrad Plewa, Rafael Diaz

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

Think anyone got cut to be brought back on a first team contract?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Coming back:

Vincent Bezecourt, Junior Flemmings, David Najem, Aaron Long, Tim Schmoll and Florian Valot

Cut:

Zach Carroll, Zoumana Simpara, Stefano Bonomo, Dan Metzger, Devon Williams, Konrad Plewa, Rafael Diaz

Wow.. a couple big disappointments there.     Not so surprising, based on what we saw from them, but still disappointing.   Metzger never really got his attitude corrected?

I thought Plewa was doing well after he came back, no?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Bummed about Speedy, Metzger, Plewa, and Carroll the most. Just about all these guys will end up catching on elsewhere.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I think the issue with Metzger is that he just doesn't have next level traits.  OK mobility, OK passing, OK ability to win the ball, just nothing that's going to translate to the next level.

Speedy I'm somewhat surprised about because I thought he did a nice job.  That said, Speedy is gonna be 25 years old in April so if it hasn't happened yet, it's probably not gonna happen.

I said it all season but Carroll just can't make it work at the next level.  He's slower and less athletic than Perinelle AND he doesn't have the defensive instincts that DP does.

This team is ALL about grooming players for the next level.  With that in mind, my biggest surprise is Simpara.  I think that kid has next level talents. Supposedly showed a lot of want-to as well.  Factor in the age and I was hoping we'd hang on to him for a couple years.   Perhaps he is the one who wanted to leave though.  Can never know those behind the scenes issues.

Of the list coming back in that article, the only one I really see factoring in to the big team eventually is Flemmings and even Aaron Long.  Long has the athleticism and some of the little things aren't far off at all.   Don't see it happening for Bezecourt, Najem, Schmoll or Valot.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Yeah, what's with not renewing Simpara? 

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Thought Diaz looked good enough this year to warrant a spot as the 3rd keeper on our roster.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
Diaz deserves more minutes. If we can't give them to him, start developing Sam Ilin, Evan Louro or Eric Klenofsky. Wojeich Gajda is out as it appears he signed for Hearts.

Carroll improved a lot during the season. He was a USL second team member. He will latch on somewhere.

Plewa didn't show the glimpses he did in 2015 even before the stroke. I think he will land somewhere as well.

Speedy and Metzger I think may be part of a logjam in central defensive mid. Tyler Adams needs minutes there. I thought Metzger played well enough after coming back from the surgery.

Bonomo and Zimpara didn't surprise me. Zimpara didn't get minutes even after training with the first team and Bonomo has 8 goals in 31 games, mostly as a forward. When the CB trial didn't work out, he was on borrowed time.

@CurseofCaricola

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Metzger and Simpara were cut. The others are just out of contract, so I assume they could potentially be brought back?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I admit I don't follow the dos as much as I should but the idea that they cut/got rid of the guy who nearly died is something that shocked me.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Does Branden Allen get first team min next season or is he still penciled in for a RBNYII loan? 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Does Branden Allen get first team min next season or is he still penciled in for a RBNYII loan? 

He's a big question.

Not a ton more he can do down there, but is he good enough to make a difference up here?

Curtis said they were looking at a couple of targets, I bet Allen's promotion probably hinges on if those acquisitions work out.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
With Metzger and Speedy both out, leads me to think Basuljevic, A. Najem, and/or Lema are potentially HGPs.

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
So based on the 1st RB2 yr and this past one, RB2 will prob sign 6-8 more players, since we will have quite a few HGPs being sent to RB2 for minutes.

Yikes. And I thought this yr's RB2 was fucking FUN to watch:

-------------------------------------------Flemmings-------------------------------------------
-Etienne-----------------------------------ANajem-------------------------------------Valot-
------------------------Adams------------------------------Bezecourt-------------------------
-Powder--------------Long----------------------------------Schmoll-------------DNajem-
---------------------------------------------Reynish?--------------------------------------------

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm guessing Flemmings, Valot, and Bezecourt were promised long looks for the first team in training camp. Sucks to some of the other guys go if they are not re-signed but that's part of the process. Time to hopefully find the new crop of Flemmings/Valot/Bezecourt/Long types who can maybe challenge for a first-team spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users