Make of it what you will

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,175 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

lmao this is the ElMetroTri's resounding player evaluation from the Random Player thread

"He's been shit, and he stole money from us."

Why did LA Vox's tweet say that we don't have cap space for Castillo? He good enough to take up three DP spots or something?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm guessing they mean internal spending budgets.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

With White being one of the few bright spots last season, I'd think a high priced striker would be the last thing management would target. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,627 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

lmao this is the ElMetroTri's resounding player evaluation from the Random Player thread

"He's been shit, and he stole money from us."

Why did LA Vox's tweet say that we don't have cap space for Castillo? He good enough to take up three DP spots or something?

I'll take Anthony's word wrt Castillo. lol 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts
  • Supports:Metro

With White being one of the few bright spots last season, I'd think a high priced striker would be the last thing management would target. 

White can poach but there's no doubt we need a more complete striker. What's confusing to me is that this doesn't seem like a typical Red Bull signing. He turns 27 in February and is coming off a serious leg injury. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Im watching ESPN Deportes and they mentioned that America is actively shopping Nico Castillo to MLS. But the only Teams interested are LA Galaxy and Inter Miami. No mention of RBNY.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Its BS

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Hope it's BS. Why not bring back BWP if they are chasing this guy.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Hope it's BS. Why not bring back BWP if they are chasing this guy.

he is 8 years younger. Again, this rumor is probably bunk, but 26-27 is probably at the upper range of what the club will consider for outfield players.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

White is going to have a massive reversion to the mean this season after scoring on 75% of his shots on target last season. There's no way he does that, or anything close to it, in 2020.

If this team wants to be trophy-contending good and not maybe-scrape-into-the-playoffs good, they need to drop big money on a top-tier forward.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

White is going to have a massive reversion to the mean this season after scoring on 75% of his shots on target last season. There's no way he does that, or anything close to it, in 2020.

If this team wants to be trophy-contending good and not maybe-scrape-into-the-playoffs good, they need to drop big money on a top-tier forward.

Spot on. This is soccer stats 101. Just wonder if Armas/Hamlett realize it, or if they think they've found the one forward in the history of the sport that can consistently score at that rate.

Realistically, I think we'll go with White performing at replacement level and (not realistically) hope for Jorgensen to vastly improve to the point where he wins the starting spot.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

We all know they won't.

It's going to be goals by committee all year long. White, Barlow and Jorgensen. Those are the guys Hamlett and Armas likely believe will be the ones capable of bringing home the club's first MLS Cup.

When one gets hot, they will give him a run of 4-5 games before swapping out for the next hot guy. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,627 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If they go 2 striker formation, they might need another striker since we have Jorgen$en White and Barlow. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Hey, that is my evaluation of him. I'm not sugar coating anything. He hasn't been worth half of what America paid him.

When he came over from Benfica I was sort of excited because when he was with Pumas, and even Chile he was a good striker. I gave him last season because he rotted at Benfica and I figured he'd find his game, again...

Nope. I was wrong. He's been a walking injury with us, and scored a minimal amount of goals. 

Maybe MLS could help him find his game again.. But he isn't doing it with my team and he's collecting a pretty paycheck for doing absolute shit. He's a pain in the ass and he fucked up in the final. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users