Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

I didn't see a thread to put this in:

FIFA opens Blatter ethics inquiry

Now, this is being driven by Mohamed bin Hammam, who's running against Mr. Septic Bladder for the FIFA presidency. And it's not like anyone thinks Blatter is the only corrupt person in FIFA. So this is bound to get ugly and/or entertaining.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#2 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

I, too, am shocked. Blatter is such a honest person. :blink:
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#3 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

End Corruption...Grant Wahl for president? :cheers:

#4 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

End Corruption...Grant Wahl for president? :cheers:

ditto!
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#5 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:35 AM

And...

Bin Hammam, 62, is president of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and, until he withdrew Sunday morning, was running against incumbent Joseph "Sepp" Blatter in Wednesday's FIFA presidential election.

That election will go ahead, but with Blatter, 75, as the only candidate. He is expected to be rubber-stamped for a fourth term when FIFA's 208 member nations vote in Zurich.

Geezus fuck nuts!

The Godfather.

#6 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:52 AM

If any of them had a shred of decency, they would attend the full board meeting after swallowing a live hand grenade.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#7 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Not that Blatter doesn't have his history but if I may piece a story back together based on what limited info I have, Blatter was always giong to be rubber stamped for another term. That is, until Qatar was able to buy a World Cup. At that point, realizing how successful that was, Bin Hamman probably decided he might as well throw his hat in the ring. He teamed up with that cockroach Warner and the two began trying to Qatar their way into the FIFA Presidency.

You don't get to Blatter's position without knowing how to side-step a few landmines.

If I'm correct, we may see Bin Hamman, Warner and Qatar (or at least their WC Bid) get the boot. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Say what you will about Blatter, but if there's any chance that we won't have a World Cup in Wario World, it's in his hands.

EDIT: The other possibility is that Bin Hamman realized how much attention Qatar's bid was getting and tried to run in an attempt to come to power, cover-up and ensure the Qatar bid. I REALLY hope this whole thing ends with Qatar losing the WC.

#8 JbzTV

JbzTV

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, LFC

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

And FIFA announces no investigation into Quatar bid. I'm down with Ives' theory that Bin Hamman dropped out in exchange for keeping the 22 Cup.

#9 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

If any of them had a shred of decency, they would attend the full board meeting after swallowing a live hand grenade.

Or they could pull a mass Budd Dwyer.

#10 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

And FIFA announces no investigation into Quatar bid. I'm down with Ives' theory that Bin Hamman dropped out in exchange for keeping the 22 Cup.

That has the ring of truth. Well, there's still 11 years for that to fall apart.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#11 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Reading about FIFA internal politics reminds me of studying the comings and goings of the Politburo of the Soviet Union back before Gorby tore down the wall.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#12 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

Shit is popping off in CONCACAF

Chuck Blazer was fired by the Interim president of CONCACAF.
The CONCACAF committee then released a statement saying Lisle Austin (Interim president) didn\'t have the authority to fire Blazer

Am I the only one that sees a real "If i'm going down I'm taking you with me" situation brewing?

Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#13 Rick Two

Rick Two

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, UCSB

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Shit is popping off in CONCACAF

Chuck Blazer was fired by the Interim president of CONCACAF.
The CONCACAF committee then released a statement saying Lisle Austin (Interim president) didn't have the authority to fire Blazer

Am I the only one that sees a real "If i'm going down I'm taking you with me" situation brewing?

Ah, so THAT'S what happened. I read Wahl's Tweet and was confused.

I would be all "America, fuck yeah" but now I've read allegations of Blazer inappropriately selling comped tickets to France '98 just like everyone hates Warner for doing, albeit on an apparently much smaller scale. Blazer had an alibi (flying to London with Henry fucking Kissinger, of all things) though.

#14 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

Brewing?

It's on...

Bill Archer's blog on bigsoccer.com is a fantastic source for all of the latest news on this stuff. It's nuts.

#15 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

Ockham's razor is looking pretty damn dull right about now, non?

ps. am I the only one who thinks the Banana Republics should NOT be in charge of FIFA? I'm sorry but I can't see Iceland, Azerbaijan and Latvia holding the top spots in UEFA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users