36 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I'd imagine no Kaku call up is a big negative for RBNY. Now he'll be even more pissed / sulking. Honestly a lot is probably his fault. Missing a big chunk of club games right before this tourney probably killed his chances.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I guess well see. This team doesnt have a replacement for him though, so its at least good news on paper.

Most of the time we look extremely anemic in attack when he isnt on the field pulling the strings, Cincy this past Saturday is a great example

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,837 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

So at least this modifies future gameday 18s until 7/21, if we were to hypothetically get into the qtr final round of USOC. Just have to balance the lineups, so not to run guys into the ground, which is what I feared Marsch was prone to doing. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,939 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'd imagine no Kaku call up is a big negative for RBNY. Now he'll be even more pissed / sulking. Honestly a lot is probably his fault. Missing a big chunk of club games right before this tourney probably killed his chances.

Not just that, but this likely puts a good dent in his market value, which neither he or RBNY will be happy about. With the sell-on percentage Huracan worked into the deal we'd need to sell him for quite a bit to make a profit. Copa America was his opportunity to showcase himself outside of MLS, which let's be honest is still a blip on the international radar.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,837 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Not just that, but this likely puts a good dent in his market value, which neither he or RBNY will be happy about. With the sell-on percentage Huracan worked into the deal we'd need to sell him for quite a bit to make a profit. Copa America was his opportunity to showcase himself outside of MLS, which let's be honest is still a blip on the international radar.

this. 100%. he could've balled the fuck out down in Brazil. at this pt, he's prob going to back to SuperLigaARG 1st if he does leave here sooner than later.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

All good. In two years we're selling him to Real Betis for $12m.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I don't buy the Kaku will mail it in argument.  If anything, it should light a fire under his ass.  Dude wants to get paid, and sulking ain't gonna make it happen.  He's young and has a window.  He needs to make the most out of it.  His form has been good the past 3-4 games, hoping he keeps it up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users