487 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,779 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Would the players die on the field for Armas?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Would the players die on the field for Armas?

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Brad said he'd die on the field for Jesse.

https://www.espn.com...0/video/3926657

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts

Not shocking. Almost all of the best coaches in sports can motivate at a different level.  Said it while he was here that we played way above our head as far as talent goes. 

Makes me sad... I'm a huge Jets fan and Parcells was the same way and he also left before the team won it all. At least Marsch got a trophy and a half but didn't win the most important one.  Would have loved to have seen him with a bigger budget too.  He'd be doing what Bradley is doing over at LAFC

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Brad said he'd die on the field for Jesse.

https://www.espn.com...0/video/3926657

Thats great and Chris had the better record last year

And didnt Brad play under some other coach.....

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts

Thats great and Chris had the better record last year

And didnt Brad play under some other coach.....

Wouldn't pay a ton of attention to the end of last year.  Armas was still riding Marsch's camp and season.  On top of that, with a new coach players are usually on their best behavior at first and don't test what they can get away with. 

And that isn't just saying this after the fact.  I said the same things just as Armas took over.  The true test is always the next full year. 

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Wouldn't pay a ton of attention to the end of last year.  Armas was still riding Marsch's camp and season.  On top of that, with a new coach players are usually on their best behavior at first and don't test what they can get away with. 

And that isn't just saying this after the fact.  I said the same things just as Armas took over.  The true test is always the next full year. 

Thats certainly fair. The difference in Marsch/Armas is also clouded by the absence of Adams this year, as well as a diminished/banged up BWP. Marsch is undoubtedly a better coach, but its hard to envision how the club would be performing this year if Marsch were at the helm, considering those circumstances.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
The way that Armas has managed this half against City is appalling. Score once and bunker poorly.

We've completed 56% of our passes.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts
Fire him, he's from the Bronx so fucking leave him there.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

The way that Armas has managed this half against City is appalling. Score once and bunker poorly.

We've completed 56% of our passes.

Shouldn't the Nazis be the ones bunkering?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
Its absolutely mind boggling. They were handed a golden ticket. All they had to do was make a couple signings in the offseason and not change anything.

They couldnt do either.

Edit: Armas bitching about NYCFC time wasting is the cherry on top. This fuckin guy....

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
The team looked clueless in the second half. What is Armas telling them in practice each week? Just go out there and run around like a bunch of headless chickens?

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
How is it that a You Dont Know What Youre Doing chant hasnt broken out at RBA?

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

The team looked clueless in the second half. What is Armas telling them in practice each week? Just go out there and run around like a bunch of headless chickens?

If you've watched any of the all access videos all he is a rah rah rah come on guys you can do whatever you put your minds too bullshit coach. I hate it.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts
Yep... It just doesn’t connect with players obviously. Just hoping we don’t waste part of next year on Armas too. Has to be fired after this season.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

If you've watched any of the all access videos all he is a rah rah rah come on guys you can do whatever you put your minds too bullshit coach. I hate it.

Fuck tactics! Belief! Intensity!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users