188 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
I would love to see Adams matched up against Sacha, but I guess we'll save that for the home game.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Adams will be a go for Saturday, I assume. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Adams will be a go for Saturday, I assume. 

I'm guessing he'll be rested for the midweek game.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Saw Kljestan play at NYCFC last week and he looked like himself, still a very dangerous cog in the attack and NYCFC was lucky Orlando has zero talented strikers.

Without Dwyer back, we should expecting another resounding 3 points.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

also on a yellow. i think he plays vs ORL and Chivas, but not 180 mins. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Put all the eggs in the champions league basket and rest everyone.

If there are points for the taking in the 2nd half then bring in the big guns off the bench.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Put all the eggs in the champions league basket and rest everyone.

If there are points for the taking in the 2nd half then bring in the big guns off the bench.

Resting everyone is not always good for them. Tyler has already missed one game with the team, you want him to not play with the guys for 2 weeks, then hop into the starting lineup at Chivas?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Lol

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Resting everyone is not always good for them. Tyler has already missed one game with the team, you want him to not play with the guys for 2 weeks, then hop into the starting lineup at Chivas?

This... Too many days off can lead to game rust so it's not always a good thing.

I'm usually a fan of rotation but you still want guys getting game minutes.  For this game I think it's best to go with a mix of rotation.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Depends on how much he plays with the national team tomorrow, I guess. Definitely wouldn't have him play for 90 minutes on the weekend, then plan on another 90 after travel to Mexico. 45 mins on the weekend would be fine, don't really care whether it's from the start or off the bench.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

He will probably start for the US and could go 90. Like I said above; no worries bringing him off the bench vs Disney.

Tyler knows this system inside and out. More reps is always good but Im not worried. Hell Parker and Rzatkowski walked in here and got the job done.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

He will probably start for the US and could go 90. Like I said above; no worries bringing him off the bench vs Disney.

Tyler knows this system inside and out. More reps is always good but Im not worried. Hell Parker and Rzatkowski walked in here and got the job done.

Agreed. It will depend on just how much Tyler plays in the international friendly tomorrow. Given the importance of the CCL Semi... I'm perfectly OK with a Portlandesque lineup. If that means sacrificing league points, so be it.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

Escobar got a knock during his game. No word yet how long he's out.

https://twitter.com/...322715307364352

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Escobar got a knock during his game. No word yet how long he's out.

https://twitter.com/...322715307364352

Quad can suck as an injury.  Hope it's a good variety.

Had to figure Escobar had a decent shot at starting next to Collin.   Now you go Collin and either Parker or Long.  

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

if you assume that we'll go 5 in the back vs Chivas (Collin, Parker, Long),  then you'll probably want to sit Collin vs Orlando. Instead, I would do Parker/Long/Redding vs Orlando. Maybe Redding plays with a chip on his shoulder. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users