thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

https://theathletic....nkie-amaya-mls/

The sources said that FC Cincy recently lodged tampering charges with MLS against the two teams that had shown the most interest in trading for him: the New York Red Bulls and Philadelphia Union. The sources did not share the exact nature of FCC’s complaints against either the Red Bulls or the Union. The league, FCC, the Union and Red Bulls all declined to comment. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

and on top of the tampering complaint, the biggest surprise is the article indicating we were willing to pay at least 1mm in allocation money for him earlier in the offseason.  I thought he would be someone we were interested in when the rumor came out but not necessarily at that price.  Unless we traded a midfielder somewhere else for GAM.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

For all the billion times I've seen fans claim tampering, I'm not sure I can recall a team ever actually file a complaint for it and get the other team punished. Is there any precedence of this in MLS?

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

For all the billion times I've seen fans claim tampering, I'm not sure I can recall a team ever actually file a complaint for it and get the other team punished. Is there any precedence of this in MLS?

This is the only instance I could find where a fine was actually issued by MLS: 

https://www.themanel...s-for-tampering

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

This is the only instance I could find where a fine was actually issued by MLS: 

https://www.themanel...s-for-tampering

And then Orlando traded for Dwyer. Funny.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

This makes less sense the more I think about it from Cincy's point of view. You have two teams actually willing to pay your sky high asking price, and instead of just selling him you accuse them of tampering and wait for the next tier of bidders to drive the price down???

I must be missing something here.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

This makes less sense the more I think about it from Cincy's point of view. You have two teams actually willing to pay your sky high asking price, and instead of just selling him you accuse them of tampering and wait for the next tier of bidders to drive the price down???

I must be missing something here.

Could be a few things.

1. The evidence could be strong enough that they feel they have to defend it for the sake of not getting bullied long-term. 

2. They hope it will nudge RBNY or Philly towards meeting Cincy's trade demands and making the whole problem go away.

3. They want to keep Amaya and don't care if it tanks his value.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Tampering charges against one team might reflect badly on the supposedly "tampering" club. But with two clubs charged it seems more likely that  Cincy or Amaya or his agent messed something up rather than two clubs simultaneously overstepping the line.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Tampering charges against one team might reflect badly on the supposedly "tampering" club. But with two clubs charged it seems more likely that  Cincy or Amaya or his agent messed something up rather than two clubs simultaneously overstepping the line.

Good take... and I'd bet Amaya would like to go to RB or Philly - two teams that are sending guys to Europe regularly

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Frankie AMAYA ● Magical Skills & Assists Cincinnati 2021 - YouTube

Not saying there is anything to it, but if you look at 1:55ish on, I can see him working well in an skinny 442 diamond. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If we get him, cool. Ain't nothing wrong with having more USMNT-eligible players on the roster. I'm all for it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Usually I'd say that GAM is no object for this team, but with the amount of loans that we have this year (who definitely aren't making the league minimum), I wonder if we're going to have to be using that towards those.

Otherwise, 1M is probably steep, but if it's spread out over a few years, that'd be a pretty nice signing right?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Usually I'd say that GAM is no object for this team, but with the amount of loans that we have this year (who definitely aren't making the league minimum), I wonder if we're going to have to be using that towards those.

Otherwise, 1M is probably steep, but if it's spread out over a few years, that'd be a pretty nice signing right?

GAM is, to an extent, use it or you lose it. Unfortunately, MLS tries to keep their finances out of the public eye almost as much as Trump does, so we don't know the salary cap situation nor how much GAM they have. It's possible that we have a decent chunk from the Adams and Abang transfers that expire in a year. 

I kind of wonder if the Harper signing has killed this move, though.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Apparently we've got him: https://twitter.com/...521109125263360

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

I've heard his name mentioned alot around MLS / USMNT discussions but I can't say I know too much about him. What can we expect?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users