Photo

NEW to the Riot Squad Forums? Come right here!

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#16 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

I've got 2 kids so I bought a mini plan in section 137 thinking that LARS was in 138.

So if you've got two kids, I'm guessing that you're not going to "Pound 10 beers in Lot 13" before heading in 5 minutes before kickoff.

When you get there, the stands will probably be empty, and then just before kickoff, all of the drunkards (myself included) will show up.

My advice would be to secure a few seats approximately around the N or O rows in 137 when you get there.

By the time the seats fill in, you should have a few rows between yourself and the unwashed masses.

If you're not having a good time, just ask a red-coated security guard to move your seats for that game, and then contact your ticket rep to be moved.

We have a number of parents with kids in our section, but it ain't for everyone.

#17 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:22 AM

Thanks for the info. I anticipate a good time (AS LONG AS WE WIN!).
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#18 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:25 AM

Thanks for the info. I anticipate a good time (AS LONG AS WE WIN!).

Good luck with that
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#19 impatient_ingrate

impatient_ingrate

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

Hey everyone, name's Rudy

I just spoke with my ticket rep and have switched my season seats over to section 138. For the last two seasons I've been out in the wilderness with the rest of the sheeple but I'm looking forward to standing with you guys. I've got two seats and will usually be accompanied by my lady friend.

See some of you on the 21st, I suppose.

#20 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:23 AM

Welcome Impatient Ingrate... wow, that sounds like what I called an ex-girlfriend of mine.

ANYWAY... you're here now. Please be aware that LARS ONLINE is nothing more than complete sarcasm and bastardness. But on gameday, you can just about walk up to any motherfucker and they'll offer you a drink (as long as you introduce yourself).

And that is KEY... you HAVE TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF. I'm the ugly pudgy blonde guy that walks around making sure everyone's cool. Find me, and I'll introduce you around.

Until then, we have pickup games throughout LA County. Where do you live, foo?

reverend tommy mack

#21 impatient_ingrate

impatient_ingrate

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

I'm in the cultural wasteland known as Long Beach.

So what's the official policy in lot 13? Are we allowed to tailgate/bring booze?

#22 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:25 PM

I'm in the cultural wasteland known as Long Beach.

So what's the official policy in lot 13? Are we allowed to tailgate/bring booze?

Hey now! well....

Welcome brotha. There is a weekly pick up game in Lakewood on Friday nights. We play at San Martin Park. We say kickoff at 6, but we never usually get started till about 630 cause all these bums are always late.

Go here for more details.

Again welcome.

oh and the policy in lot 13 is bring your beer, single women, and red cups.
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#23 Jewel City 06

Jewel City 06

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:30 AM

hey guys! im tj. i live in glendale and i was 9 when the first season of the la galaxy was on. me and my dad would watch it on tv all the time. we both love soccer and hockey. then i started going to the games with my best bud and his bro when landon donovan came to town. my friends brother showed us the riot squad and ever since we would sneak down from our scalper seats to come watch near 138 and try to remember the chants. anywho i love the galaxy and i went to the home opener. i dont have season tickets (im a poor college student) but im going to try to as many games possible this year. cheers!

#24 mexpsy

mexpsy

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:music,cars,soccer,tattoos
  • Supports:la galaxy

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

hey guys! Im Ernie and just moved to los angeles about 2 months ago from san diego and mexico prior to that...long time soccer fan..pick up games where the loser buys the winners beers at the bar are the rules we followed..and am now an l.a. local.not fairweather fan..and have read a shitload of threads and did some research on the team...I live in the san fernando valley and due to work and music(i play in 2 bands) i wont make it to as many games as possible..but will attend all that i can..and agreed upon bars for the away games...la riot squad...i want in
This is the life I chose!

#25 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

Welcome to both of you.

My advice is to show up at a home game, come to Lot 13 and introduce yourself to people. You'll find that most of us are relatively friendly. Bringing beer always helps, too. :cheers:

For the game, buy a ticket in 137 or 138 and sing along.

The main rules here are:

1) Don't be a dick
2) Have fun
3) Cheer/sing/chant for the Galaxy

If you are ever in violation of rule #1, people will tell you. ("Dude, don't be a dick!" or "Dude, you are being a dick.") The Riot Squad just wants to drink, have fun and cheer on our team.

A word of warning about the boards, people are incredibly sarcastic on the boards and often try to piss the noobs off. Don't ever get offended by what is posted here, nothing* is ever intended to be a personal attack.

See you guys in Lot 13.

*mostly - some people are just assholes (Tracer :lol: )

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#26 mexpsy

mexpsy

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

Thanks...and I'm confortable with sarcasm..I think itl be cool....and alcohol and dickery sometimes go together....I hang out at bars and can deal with it....looking up some chants on other threads..and was wondering if someone could tell me where the local san fernando valley bar for away games is..or point me where to look for it

#27 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

Thanks...was wondering if someone could tell me where the local san fernando valley bar for away games is..or point me where to look for it

Generally we don't plan for away games until two weeks prior to the match. There is a rotation that we try to follow that moves around viewing locations all over the south-land, as the Riot Squad is very spread out. I recommend watching the threads in the "LARS Events and Trips" forum, as that will usually be where people will post the plan for an away game. I know for the first away game (San Jose), there may be some people taking a bus up to the game and back with ACB (there's a thread about it). Bill aka Dirty Defender usually tries to enforce some semblance of order on the away viewing parties. His main thread about it is located here.

Since you are in the Valley, there is a pick-up game that is played every Sunday (VSU - the game is in Studio City), that you can read about in the Tickets, Fantasy Leagues and Pick-Up Soccer forum. All of the games that are listed there (with the exception of B&G), are friendly pick-up games that are open to everyone (even non-LARS members).

Just show up and start talking to people. Enjoy.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#28 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Welcome to both of you.

My advice is to show up at a home game, come to Lot 13 and introduce yourself to people. You'll find that most of us are relatively friendly. Bringing beer always helps, too. :cheers:

For the game, buy a ticket in 137 or 138 and sing along.

The main rules here are:

1) Don't be a dick
2) Have fun
3) Cheer/sing/chant for the Galaxy

If you are ever in violation of rule #1, people will tell you. ("Dude, don't be a dick!" or "Dude, you are being a dick.") The Riot Squad just wants to drink, have fun and cheer on our team.

A word of warning about the boards, people are incredibly sarcastic on the boards and often try to piss the noobs off. Don't ever get offended by what is posted here, nothing* is ever intended to be a personal attack.

See you guys in Lot 13.

*mostly - some people are just assholes (Tracer :lol: )

i'm giddy! that's almost dirtyboy status... sigh...

-_-

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#29 Riggs.

Riggs.

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, your mother

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

Thanks...and I'm confortable with sarcasm..I think itl be cool....and alcohol and dickery sometimes go together....I hang out at bars and can deal with it....looking up some chants on other threads..and was wondering if someone could tell me where the local san fernando valley bar for away games is..or point me where to look for it

Awesome! Another Valley LARS'er. There's a couple of us up here. If you're at the next game come a find me!

Riggs.

#30 mexpsy

mexpsy

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

going to my first match on april 4th...guy from long beach was kind enough to sell me a ticket in the 138...drinkin and screamin I shall go!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users